Estimated Reading Time: <1
Unidentified gunmen have kidnapped the traditional ruler of Elete town in Kogi, Chief Aminu Aku.
Aku was kidnapped by a gang of five masked gunmen at about 8:30 pm on Friday in his town located on the Lokoja-Ajaokuta highway.
The incident came barely 24 hours after the kidnap of two chieftains of the Kwara chapter of the APC on the Lokoja-Okene road.
Aku, a third class traditional ruler, was said to be returning from a function at Ajaokuta and was just alighting from his car when he was abducted.
He was subsequently driven away in a vehicle brought by the abductors.
The gunmen had already called to demand for a N10 million ransom.
The state Police Commissioner, Mr Yakubu Usman , however, said that the abduction of the traditional ruler was yet to be confirmed.
- Breaking: 553 new Coronavirus cases reported in Nigeria, highest in a single day
- Kaduna: Group calls for FG’s intervention in Kajuru killings
- Nollywood Actress, Regina Daniels is having a baby with Ned Nwoko
- Infectious Diseases Bill more dangerous than coronavirus – Ekweremadu
- Ibrahim, President Muhammadu Buhari’s nephew, is dead
- Doctors threaten strike over non payment of COVID-19 Allowance
- 268 Nigerians arrive from China
- Niger State plans to modernise local Islamic schools
- “Destructive shadow of bitterness, we’re shackled by the sins of our fathers”- Nigeria is haunted by the Biafran war
- Nigeria’s Elnathan John, others to judge Kalahari short story competition open to writers in Swahili, French and English