Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Concerned Ijaw Transformation Ambassadors (CITA) has said that Bola Tinubu, Prof. Wole Soyinka, Pastor Tunde Bakare, Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon, John Oyegun and the leadership and members of the Save Nigeria Group to tender an unreserved apology to former President Dr. Goodluck Jonathan over the sinister role they played when he announced the removal of fuel subsidy on the 1st of January, 2012.
This was contained in a press statement signed by Amb. Arerebo Salaco Yerinmene Peters. President, CITA and Comrade Obiri Wenebokefe Jonathan, Spokesman, CITA. CITA said that these professed patriots incited and led Nigerians to protest against the removal of subsidy on Premium Motor Spirit.
“They blatantly criticised this policy of Dr. Goodluck Jonathan as a sheer scam targeted at unleashing untold hardship to the average Nigerian and sponsored protests and demonstrations which even led to the death of some Nigerians. .
“We are berserkly puzzled that these same persons who feigned patriotism and advocacy for social justice turned a new leaf and now pioneer and celebrate the removal of fuel subsidy under President Muhammadu Buhari. .
“Have they become proponents of a new school of thought? Was their disenchantment with the removal of fuel subsidy under Dr. Goodluck Jonathan triggered by sentiments of ethnic and political differences? “Was the Save Nigeria Group a sheep covering veiling a calculated synergy to make Nigeria ungovernable for Dr. Goodluck Jonathan? .
“It is crystal clear that the emotions of a great chunk of naïve and gullible Nigerians were incited and their passions ignited to fight against the success of the Nigerian Federal Government under a peace loving and law abiding democratic President tagging it as being anti-people.
“On behalf of the foregoing, we direct the Save Nigeria Group and its leaders and members to tender an unreserved apology to Dr. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan.”
- Breaking: Edo state govt reviews 24-hour curfew earlier imposed on the state
- US Govt wants the prosecution of all those involved in killings of #EndSARS protesters
- “We have received information alleging crimes” – ICC on #EndSARS protests in Nigeria
- We give you 24 hours to return the staff of office of the Oba of Lagos OR…… – Lagos ruling house declares
- Breaking: Finally, Buhari to address Nigerians after #LekkiMassacre and #EndSARS
- The Nigerian army says videos of Lekki tollgate shooting are photoshopped and fake
- NSA says Buhari is to provide a solution to nationwide crisis
- It was a system glitch – Instagram apologizes for censoring #EndSARS posts
- Just In: Attempted Jailbreak foiled at Ikoyi Prison
- #EndSARS: Open Letter to VP Osinbajo; It’s time to realise the emperor has no clothes