Estimated Reading Time: <1
Niger Delta Avengers, Thursday, listed some oil blocs allegedly owned by former Vice President, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, Minister of Defence, General Theophilus Danjuma, ex-Minister of Petroleum, Alhaji Riwalnu Lukman, other Northerners and South-Westerners in Niger-Delta region and issued them a two-week ultimatum to shut them down operations and evacuate the workers from the locations or have them blown up.
The militant group, pressing for a sovereign state of the Niger Delta, in an electronic mail statement by its spokesperson, Col Mudoch Agbinibo, warned: “If at the end of the ultimatum and you still operating. We will blow up all the locations. It will be bloody. So, just shut down your operations and leave.”
The oil blocs listed are: “Apo Well awarded to Sapetro Oil owned by Gen Theophilus Y Danjuma. Apo field is capable of producing 300,000 barrels per day and crude reserve of 500 million barrels.
* OML 110 Obe oil field owed by Alhaji Mai Daribe, Cavendish Petroleum with an estimated 500 million barrel of crude oil.
* Akpo condensate field awarded to Sapetro Oil owned by Gen Theophilus Damjuma.
*OML 112 and OML 117 awarded to AMNI International Petroleum Development Company owned by Colonel Sanni Bello, son-in-law to former Head of State. Gen Abdulsalami Abubakar.
*OML 115 also known as Oldwok field and Ebok field awarded to Alhaji Mohammed Indimi, in-law to former Head of State, Gen. Ibrahim Babangida.
*OML 215 awarded to and operated by Nor East Petroleum Limited owned by one Alhali Saleh Mohammed Gambo. The field is worth $100 billion dollars after tax.
*OML 108 awarded to Express Petroleum Company owned by Alhaji Aminu Dantata. This field is worth $128 billion dollars.
* OML 113 allocated to Yinka Folawiyo Petroleum Limited owned by Alhaji W. I. Folawiyo. Net worth is $150 billion dollars.
*Prince Nasiru Ado Bayero cousin to the Emir of Kano, Lamido Sanisu, owns ASUOKPU/UMUTU marginal oil fields. It is worth $110 billion dollars.
* Inter is owned by Atiku Abubakar, Yara dua and Ado Bayero has a substantial stakes in the oil and gas exploration in the Niger Delta of Nigeria.
* AMNI International Petroleum Company owns OML 112 and OML 117. Former Minister of Petroleum and OPEC Chairman, Rilwanu Lukman, has major stakes in AMNI International Petroleum Company.
*OML 67 is operated Afren Plc. Rilwanu lukman also has a major stakes and the field worth $180 billion dollars.
* OPL 245 is awarded to Malabu Oil and Gas owned by Dan Etete. It is worth $50 billion Dollars.
*OPL 289 and OPL 233 were awarded to Cleanwater Consortium; the two fields are worth $200 billion dollars. Former Governor Peter Odili of River State, Obasanjo and Sultan of Sokoto has major Stake15. OPL 288 was awarded to focus Energy Senator Andy Uba, Obasanjo, and Gen Theophilus Y Danjuma are the major stakeholders. The field is worth $70 billion Dollars.
* OPL 291 awarded to Starcrest Energy Nigeria Limited owned by Emeka Offor. The field is worth $100 billion dollars.
*Mike Adenuga’s Conoil controls and operates Six (6) oil blocs and exports about 500,000 barrels of crude oil daily. These 6 oil blocs are worth $500 billion dollars.
The group noted: “From our analysis above, 90 per cent of oil blocs are allocated to individuals from northern Nigeria and some confused elements from the region are calling the Niger Delta Avengers names, some are calling us criminals.”
“Our question to these groups of individuals calling us names is: where were you when all these atrocities were happening to the people of the Niger Delta?
On the rumour that oil has been discovered in the North East it, Niger Delta Avengers said: “How will you feel if this found oil is been managed by Niger Deltans. We are very sure the Niger Deltans will not even have two per cent oil bloc if oil is really found in the Northeast. If you did not shut down, we will shut your stations permanently for you.”
On the strikes of the group, which have devastated oil and gas operations of major oil companies in the region and practically crippled crude oil production, it said: “From the high command of the Niger Delta Avengers, we congratulate all the strike teams of the Avengers. Without taking any innocent life or that of the Nigeria military, we were able to shut down 50 per cent of crude production.”
“We have been seeing a lot on the media about us.
Some are asking, “Who are you avenging?” some calling us empty heads, ex-agitators have been condemning us on daily basis. Our criticizer from other part of the country, we do not have anything to tell you because you clearly do not know how life is in the region.
“To our criticizers from the region, we want you to know you are all cowards and afraid to stand for your people.
“To ex-agitators of the likes of Tompolo, We know why you people are after us. Our agitation is more civilized than yours, the Niger Delta Avengers is more concerned with people of Niger Delta unlike you (ex-agitations) that were into kidnapping, killing of Nigeria soldiers, sea piracy, vessel and tanker hijacking.
However, we were able to carry out all our operations without killing a fly. We have sophisticated arms far better than what you use to have during your kidnapping days,” it asserted.
- Breaking: 553 new Coronavirus cases reported in Nigeria, highest in a single day
- Kaduna: Group calls for FG’s intervention in Kajuru killings
- Nollywood Actress, Regina Daniels is having a baby with Ned Nwoko
- Infectious Diseases Bill more dangerous than coronavirus – Ekweremadu
- Ibrahim, President Muhammadu Buhari’s nephew, is dead
- Doctors threaten strike over non payment of COVID-19 Allowance
- 268 Nigerians arrive from China
- Niger State plans to modernise local Islamic schools
- “Destructive shadow of bitterness, we’re shackled by the sins of our fathers”- Nigeria is haunted by the Biafran war
- Nigeria’s Elnathan John, others to judge Kalahari short story competition open to writers in Swahili, French and English