Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Yobe, says it has conducted peaceful local government congress election in line with the party’s guideline.
Alhaji Bello Mahmud, the Secretary, State Caretaker Committee, disclosed this to newsmen in Saturday in Damaturu.
He said that elections were conducted for the local government councils with more than one candidate contesting.
He said that areas that had only one candidate, the candidate was adopted by a consensus.
Mahmud said that candidates, who purchased the forms participated with full adherence to constituted authorities of the party.
The secretary debunked claims that a former minister hijacked the ward and local government congresses.
“It is not true that the process was hijacked by Dr Yerima Ngama, former minister of state for finance.
“It is false and baseless the allegation that the process was hijacked and even those mentioned in the claim have not complained to the party.
“The party has not received any complaint from any quarters alleging any wrong doing in the conduct of the congress,’’ the secretary said. (NAN)
- Nigerian Labour Congress rejects new fuel price
- Buhari gives marching orders for revenue drive
- Just In: Ondo Commissioner for Health, Dr Wahab Adegbenro dies
- High Court dismisses suit against Adams Oshiomhole
- Just In: Dubai police extradites ‘Hushpuppi’ & ‘Woodberry’ to the United States
- Persons with malaria and cold advised not to bother going to the airport – here’s why
- Nigeria’s continuous battle with married women and ‘state of origin’
- Just In: APC lists, Oyegun, Akpabio, Oshiomhole, Ganduje, Others, members of Edo Guber campaign council – read complete names
- OPay to shut all Nigerian operations excluding payments
- Nigerian table tennis champions qualify for 2021 Olympics