Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Yobe, says it has conducted peaceful local government congress election in line with the party’s guideline.
Alhaji Bello Mahmud, the Secretary, State Caretaker Committee, disclosed this to newsmen in Saturday in Damaturu.
He said that elections were conducted for the local government councils with more than one candidate contesting.
He said that areas that had only one candidate, the candidate was adopted by a consensus.
Mahmud said that candidates, who purchased the forms participated with full adherence to constituted authorities of the party.
The secretary debunked claims that a former minister hijacked the ward and local government congresses.
“It is not true that the process was hijacked by Dr Yerima Ngama, former minister of state for finance.
“It is false and baseless the allegation that the process was hijacked and even those mentioned in the claim have not complained to the party.
“The party has not received any complaint from any quarters alleging any wrong doing in the conduct of the congress,’’ the secretary said. (NAN)
- Joe Biden picks former rival Kamala Harris as running mate
- Mahatma Gandhi’s glasses go on sale August 21 for over $19,000
- Lagos courts deliver judgments on 122 sexual offences in 2020 – DPP
- 500 pioneer amotekun officers completed training with colourful passing out parade
- Covid-19: United States donates over 200 modern ventilators to Nigerian government
- Labour unions threaten to disrupt MTN operations over alleged anti-labour practices
- Over 5 million people applied for N-Power Batch C – Sadiya Umar Farouq
- Not an all boys club anymore; meet Northern Nigeria’s only female Polo Player
- NECO has released 2020 examination timetable
- Nigerian Government may reciprocate the visa restriction imposed on its citizens by the United States, Others