Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Yobe, says it has conducted peaceful local government congress election in line with the party’s guideline.
Alhaji Bello Mahmud, the Secretary, State Caretaker Committee, disclosed this to newsmen in Saturday in Damaturu.
He said that elections were conducted for the local government councils with more than one candidate contesting.
He said that areas that had only one candidate, the candidate was adopted by a consensus.
Mahmud said that candidates, who purchased the forms participated with full adherence to constituted authorities of the party.
The secretary debunked claims that a former minister hijacked the ward and local government congresses.
“It is not true that the process was hijacked by Dr Yerima Ngama, former minister of state for finance.
“It is false and baseless the allegation that the process was hijacked and even those mentioned in the claim have not complained to the party.
“The party has not received any complaint from any quarters alleging any wrong doing in the conduct of the congress,’’ the secretary said. (NAN)
- New details emerge on the arrest of Abia lawyer allegedly detained by DSS without trial
- 100 pilots at Bristow helicopters have been fired
- Federal government develops national policy on virtual meetings
- Insecurity: President Buhari directs security operatives to re-strategise
- Nigerian Govt increase the fine for hate speech from N500,000 to 5 million naira
- “We want a free and fair election” – Governor Wike wants INEC to be apolitical in Edo State
- Breaking: Kwara deputy governor and wife test positive for COVID-19
- Buhari orders Niger Delta Development Commission to pay its scholarship beneficiaries studying abroad
- Hamzat Lawal listed as a Global Malala Fund Education Champion
- Former AGF, Mohammed Adoke pleads not guilty to money laundering charges