Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Yobe, says it has conducted peaceful local government congress election in line with the party’s guideline.
Alhaji Bello Mahmud, the Secretary, State Caretaker Committee, disclosed this to newsmen in Saturday in Damaturu.
He said that elections were conducted for the local government councils with more than one candidate contesting.
He said that areas that had only one candidate, the candidate was adopted by a consensus.
Mahmud said that candidates, who purchased the forms participated with full adherence to constituted authorities of the party.
The secretary debunked claims that a former minister hijacked the ward and local government congresses.
“It is not true that the process was hijacked by Dr Yerima Ngama, former minister of state for finance.
“It is false and baseless the allegation that the process was hijacked and even those mentioned in the claim have not complained to the party.
“The party has not received any complaint from any quarters alleging any wrong doing in the conduct of the congress,’’ the secretary said. (NAN)
- Kaduna Governor curses rights activist, Chidi Odinkalu
- Police rescue kidnapped UNIJOS professor, husband
- ASUU joins NLC strike in Kaduna in solidarity
- ‘Nigeria may experience worse hike in food prices’ – Farmers Association
- Kaduna Strike: El-Rufai accuses NLC of ‘unlawful practice’
- ‘PDP Governors’ Forum meeting is a waste of time’ – APC says
- Governor Dapo Abiodun’s aide arrested in the US for alleged identity theft and unemployment scam
- Breaking: EFCC arrests the immediate past governor of Kwara State, Abdulfatah Ahmed
- Breaking: Actor, Baba Ijesha has been granted bail
- FG says it has uncovered 476 online publication sites dedicated to daily churning out of fake news to fight the government