Estimated Reading Time: <1
The All Progressives Congress (APC), has waded into the rift between Gov. Abdullahi Ganduje of Kano State and his predecessor, Rabiu Kwankwaso.
Briefing journalists after the group rose from a meeting on Friday, the APC National Chairman, John Odigie-Oyegun, said the party had so far made a “tremendous progress”.
“Gentlemen of the press, we have been holding a meeting, dealing with the crisis we have in our party in Kano State and this is not the first meeting we are holding in respect of that,” Mr. Odigie-Oyegun said.
“We discussed the issue of the crisis we have in Kano and so far, I can say we have made a tremendous progress.
“From the conclusion of today’s interaction with both the governor and the former governor, they both have agreed to work together in the interest of the people and their party.
“They’ll put behind whatever differences that might have opened the window for discord and I can assure that for the party in Kano.
“We have better days now that the two leaders have agreed to embrace peace and that is all we have to tell you now,” the chairman said.
He said the settlement of the discord between both leaders would trickle down to the people at the state level until peace is achieved all over the state.
Present at the meeting were party chieftains in the state including Musa Gwadabe, Sule Hamman, Yusuf Ali and Messrs. Ganduje and Kwankwaso.
- Schools in Kenya to remain shut until 2021
- “The continued lockdown order on the places of worship is no longer acceptable and reasonably justified” – CAN Leadership tackles Lagos Govt
- EFCC witness, Sani Dauda, denies offering Shehu Sani $25,000 as bribe
- Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority suspends airline, grounds 15 aircraft
- Senate passes anti-sexual harassment bill
- Ibrahim Magu has been suspended as the acting EFCC boss
- Reps to investigate alleged withdrawal of $1.5 billion from NLNG account
- Katsina spent N30 Million on amnesty for repentant bandits
- Nigerian Senate wants Ibadan Airport named after late Senator Abiola Ajimobi
- Just In: Ondo Assembly begins process to impeach deputy governor