Estimated Reading Time: <1
In compliance with the military high command’s directive which is to ensure that all villages and towns are cleared of remnants of Boko Haram terrorists, troops of 22 Brigade Garrison in Operation LAFIYA DOLE, on Sunday 1st May 2016 cleared 4 villages of Boko Haram terrorists hiding in the area. The terrorists hibernating in Cinga, Mallum Maja, Bosuma and Murye villages, were armed with dangerous weapons and have been terrorizing the communities.
During the operations 3 Boko Haram terrorists were killed, while 9 of them who tried hiding in foxholes and dug outs were identified and captured alive.
Items recovered from them include 9 Dane guns, 3 machetes, 1 bow with arrows, 6 motor cycles used by the Boko Haram terrorists to ferry slaughtered cow meats to Boko Haram terrorists hideouts were recovered and burnt.
Other items recovered include 1 tricycle, 4 x Tiger Generators and 1 solar panel. The troops also recovered 300 herds of cattle rustled by the Boko Haram terrorists from Fulani herdsmen and handed over to their rightful owners.
Similarly, 400 persons held hostage by the terrorists were rescued and set free. It is gratifying to state that we have not sustain any casualty to own troops and equipment and troops morale remain very high.
Colonel Sani Kukasheka
Acting Director Army Public Relations
- Governor Ayade swears in 3rd acting chief judge in 11 months, as lawyers protest
- #EndSARS protests: Lagos considers closure of schools
- Leave the road and let’s talk; Sanwo-Olu begs #EndSARS protesters
- 181 students, staff test positive for COVID-19 in Lagos private school
- Breaking: Another Prison attacked and inmates freed in Edo
- Nigerian lawmaker backs #EndSARS protesters
- Just In: Defence minister warns protesters against undermining National Security #EndSARS
- “The ongoing protests show that there is hidden agenda, APC on #EndSARS
- Protesters block airport road as Soldiers take over #EndSARS locations in Abuja
- Breaking: Edo State Government declares 24-hour curfew #EndSARS