Estimated Reading Time: <1
Nasarawa, April 30, 2016 (NAN) Most Rev. Mathew Audu, the Bishop of the Catholic Diocese of Lafia, Nasarawa State, on Saturday in Masaka wedded 109 couples and urged in-laws not to interfere in their affairs.
Audu, who was on his third pastoral visit to St. Martin’s Catholic Church, Masaka, appealed to relatives of the new couples to allow them to build their marriages.
“As newly wedded couples, you must love each other just as Christ Jesus loved the church and died to set souls free.
You must respect each other’s feelings; care for each other, share views and reason together in peace and unity.
You must not allow a third party to come into your matter; always invite God to intervene in your case.
Ensure that you are coordinated in all your dealings and make the word of God your standard, your pillar, your faith and your hope.
If you can keep these entire commandments, your marriage will be perfect and other couples will want to copy from you,” he said.
The Bishop, who also confirmed 1,390 faithful, blessed 56 Eucharistic Ministers and 76 lectors, saying the blessing would strengthen their faith.
He said that the confirmation and the blessings the members received would energise them to evangelise to people and win more souls into the kingdom of God.
Audu said that confirmation in the Catholic Church was the sacrament which reaffirmed a person’s status in the church.
He advised the members who were confirmed to keep doctrines of the Catholic Church and ensure that they carried out responsibilities given to them diligently.
“The Catholic Church sees confirmation as a rite in which grace falls on the person confirmed as they announce their commitment to God and the Church,” he said.
- Osun State Government revokes suspended curfew, declares another 24 hour lockdown
- Angry mob invade and rob senator’s residence in Ibadan
- Fredrick Nwabufo: ‘Hoodlums’ – the new title for hired thugs and unknown soldiers
- US considers visa restriction on officials culpable in the shooting of #EndSARS protesters at Lekki Toll Plaza
- Oyigbo town has become IPOB’s main operational base in Rivers State – Governor Wike
- #EndSARS: Super Eagles’ John Ogu ask players to boycott games
- Wizkid announced as new face of Puma sportswear
- COVID-19 palliative looting: We do not have authority to distribute without approval from Abuja – Osun committee explains
- #EndSARS: Human Rights Commission calls for submission of complaints
- We don’t want the south-west to burn; Reps cry out