Estimated Reading Time: <1
Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Ezenwo Wike has dissolved all the 23 Local Government Caretaker Committees with immediate effect.
A statement issued by Simeon Nwakaudu, Special Assistant to the Governor on Electronic Media, directed the Caretaker Committee Chairmen to hand over to their respective Heads of Personnel Management, HPM.
The governor also directed the HPMs to immediately compile list of staff being owed salaries. He directed that the list, including the number of months owed to the workers by the respective councils be submitted to the office of the Governor with immediate effect.
- FEC approves N10.6bn for roads in Kogi, Gombe and Adamawa States
- Doctors at Kogi Federal Medical Center begin Indefinite strike over armed attack
- Domestic flights to resume July 8 at Lagos, Abuja airports
- Suspended National Broadcasting Commission DG re-arraigned over ‘N2.5 billion fraud
- Lagos airport gets N2.2bn for runway extension
- Former chairperson of NSITF, Ngozi Olejeme, forfeits 48 properties
- Federal government increases petrol price to N143.80
- BudgIT launches open Nigerian states data portal
- National Assembly suspends special public works programme
- Ondo governorship polls; INEC suspends registration of new voters