Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Lagos has called on the Code of Conduct Bureau (CCB) to immediately arrest and prosecute former governor of the state and National Leader of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu.
The call was hinged on recent revelation at the Code of Conduct Tribunal (CCT), that the former governor was discharged in error during his trial five years ago, over allegedly operating foreign accounts while serving as governor.
It was in the ongoing case of the Senate president, Bukola Saraki, where his counsel, Chief Kanu Agabi, urged the tribunal to discharge his client as it did to Tinubu, after the prosecuting counsel, Rotimi Jacobs stated that Tinubu was wrongly discharged and that the tribunal was misled in freeing the ex-governor.
In a statement by its publicity secretary, Taofik Gani, the Lagos PDP said, “We demand the immediate invitation, arrest and prosecution of Tinubu for violating the laws of the land and breaching public trust by operating several foreign accounts during his tenure as Lagos State governor between 1999 and 2007.”
- “We dried our tears” – 17-year-old girl who escaped Boko Haram after being abducted and held in captivity for four years described life in the Sambisa forest
- Over 2000 critically endangered vultures dead through deliberate pesticide poisoning
- National Assembly To Meet On Thursday On 2020 Revised Budget
- Cobhams Asuquo has been appointed UNICEF national ambassador
- IMF advises banks to suspend dividend payment
- MD of NDDC Says The Commission’s 2019 budget padded with over 500 fake projects
- Presidency deny reports of cancelled memo signed off by the late Abba Kyari
- Governors to meet over financial autonomy for judiciary & legislature
- Kaduna Govt extends lockdown by two weeks
- Lagos State Internal revenue service extends deadline for taxpayers