Estimated Reading Time: <1
President Muhammadu Buhari on Saturday in Washington DC assured Nigerians in the Diaspora of his administration’s determination to move the country forward as rapidly as possible.
The president gave the assurance at an audience with a group of Nigerians, who had distinguished themselves in various professions in the United States.
A statement issued in Abuja by the president’s Special Adviser on Media and Publicity, Mr Femi Adesina, President Buhari said that his administration was fully committed to correcting the errors that had hindered Nigeria’s progress as a nation.
“We are determined to get things done properly this time and God willing, we shall succeed.
“We are working diligently to correct our mistakes as a nation. We will rehabilitate and expand national infrastructure, and move forward as quickly as possible,’’ he added. Buhari also said that his administration would maintain contacts with Nigerian professionals in the Diaspora and see how they could be best placed to contribute effectively to national development if they choose to come back home.
The President congratulated the five Nigerians he met with for their exceptional accomplishments, saying that he was very proud of them all.
According to the statement, the Nigerians received by President Buhari included Prof. Austin Esogbue, the only African to have served on the board of the United States’ National Aeronautical Space Agency and Jelani Aliyu, a leading car designer with General Motors.
Others were Prof. Nwadiuto Esiobu, a renowned Microbiologist and Biochemist, Dr Yemi Badero, an Assistant Professor of Medicine and 13-year old Muriel Oduwole, who has so far interviewed 18 world leaders.
- APC wants security agencies to probe reports linking suspected cybercriminal, Hushpuppi to top-ranking PDP members
- Just In: Abia State Governor, Dr. Okezie Ikpeazu has tested negative for COVID-19
- Breaking: Ebonyi State Governor, Dave Umahi, tests Positive for COVID-19
- Governor Akeredolu rejects the idea of handing over power to deputy governor
- Eunice Ortom, wife of Benue State governor, her son and some of her staff have tested positive for COVID-19
- Udo Jude Ilo: Making the best of the Public Anger on Sexual and Gender-Based Violence
- Edo Elections: PDP picks Nyesom Wike as campaign chairman
- Governor Abdulrazaq reshuffles cabinet
- LASG announces partial reopening of schools
- Kogi Governor appoints acting Chief Judge