Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Leadership and members of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in the Kwara central senatorial zone have challenged the national chairman of the ruling party, Chief John Oyegun, to rise to the occasion on the ongoing trial of the Senate President, Dr. Bukola Saraki, at the Code of Conduct Tribunal (CCT).
They made the call in Ilorin, the state capital yesterday during a peaceful protest to the state secretariat of the party.
The party stalwarts were led on the visit by the APC chairman in Kwara Central, Alh Jimoh Adesina.
Speaking with journalists during the peaceful protest, Alhaji Jimoh Adesina, said that Oyegun should protect one of his members who is being “victimised”, being the national chairman of the APC.
Adesina, who said the people were displeased with the ongoing trial of Saraki at the CCT, described the trial “as nothing but persecution of our leader”.
“Though, as people, we believe in the supremacy of our Constitution and the rule of law, but the recent scenario at the CCT leaves much to be desired and has equally painted our judicial system black”, he said.
Also speaking, the APC chairman in the state, Alhaji Isola Balogun-Fulani, who alongside other members of the state executive of APCsaid members received the protesters declared that the party had lost confidence in the CCT.
He added that “what’s going on at the tribunal is nothing but persecution of our leader.”
Balogun-Fulani said that the country had never had it so good in respect of achievements recorded so far by Senator Saraki.
- Just In: Schools across Nigeria remain closed – here’s all you need to know about the lifted restrictions
- In Nigeria, domestic flights to resume Operations from June 21
- Breaking: Religious gatherings can now resume – FG
- Edo Polls: Obaseki seeks Buhari’s intervention
- Breaking: APC governors converge in Abuja for crucial meeting on Obaseki
- Police confirms assassination of district head, APC chairman by bandits
- Breaking: Nigerian Govt reduces petrol pump price to N121.50 per litre
- Breaking: Tribunal rejects party’s request to join petition in Bayelsa governorship dispute
- Salawa Abeni’s 19 year old blackmailer has been arrested
- “Aboki” and the dangers of othering in Nigeria