Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Federal Government has declared Friday, March 25 and Monday, March 28 as public holidays to mark the Good Friday and Easter celebrations respectively.
The Minister of Interior, Retired Lt.-Gen. Abdulrahman Dambazau, made the declaration in a statement issued by the acting Permanent Secretary in the ministry, Alhaji Muhammadu Maccido on Tuesday in Abuja.
The minister urged Christians and Nigerians in general to support and join hands with President Muhammadu Buhari in his sustained efforts to build a peaceful, united and virile nation.
He further urged Nigerians to use the occasion to pray for peace and unity across the nation. While wishing Nigerians and Christians the world over happy celebrations, Dambazau also reiterated Federal Government’s commitment to the change agenda in the country.
- Edo election marred by votes buying – Observer group, CDD alleges #EdoDecides2020
- “The people of Edo state have spoken loud and clear” – PDP alleges plot by APC to replace election results in Edo North #EdoDecides2020
- “People of Edo, you’ve done well” – Peter Obi tells Edo Voters to remain vigilant #EdoDecides2020
- President Buhari sympathises with Ebonyi State following Akaeze-Ukwu River tragedy
- “We must not lose our guards” – Atiku Abubakar tells Edo voters #EdoDecides2020
- Bukola Saraki, former senate president, has asked voters in Edo state to protect their votes
- APC candidate Ize-Iyamu wins polling unit #EdoDecides2020
- Governor Godwin Obaseki wins polling unit, defeated APC in Oyegun’s polling unit
- Ibadan polytechnic fires lecturer – here’s why
- “Godwin Obaseki, led thugs pretending to be his supporters” – APC says the PDP instigating violence #EdoDecides2020