Estimated Reading Time: <1
Former governor of Anambra State, Chief Peter Obi has waded into the disagreement between Peter and Paul Okoye of the P Square fame.
The former governor is set to broker peace between the two brothers.
According to reports, Peter Obi said he was highly ‘disappointed’ with the way the two singers were washing their “dirty linen in the public”.
Sources say he called the brothers separately on Monday to advise them against making a decision that will ruin their career and family for life.
The Okoye brothers, who hail from Anambra State, are expected to meet with their former governor this week for possible reconciliation.
“There’s still hope. Chief Obi was highly disappointed when the news of their break up got to him. He called both of them separately, including Jude, not to allow outsiders come between them. He reminded them of the old African adage that says, blood is thicker than water,” the source said.
Asked what was the response of the fighting brothers, the source added, “they will meet with Okute (Obi) this week in Abuja.”
- Breaking: Tribunal rejects party’s request to join petition in Bayelsa governorship dispute
- Salawa Abeni’s 19 year old blackmailer has been arrested
- “Aboki” and the dangers of othering in Nigeria
- FG begins ‘systematic maintenance’ of Lagos bridges & drains
- 9 contractors made the shortlist for Fourth Mainland Bridge – Hamzat
- $18.34 million paid as ransom between June 2011 & March 2020: Inside Nigeria’s lucrative kidnap industry
- Allegations of corruption against the National assembly smacks of cheap blackmail – Sen Ajibola Bashiru
- Telecom firms now to pay N1 per km for Right Of Way (RoW) in Kwara
- Ebonyi to shut down some of its social media groups from June 2
- Breaking: Coronavirus cases in Nigeria exceeds 10,000