Estimated Reading Time: <1
This is to confirm that there were twin Person-borne improvised explosive attack carried out by two female carriers in Ummarari village near Molai, outskirts of Maiduguri metropolis, Borno State, this morning. The first attack targeted a mosque, while the second blast about 50 metres away, a few minutes later. Sadly, 22 people were killed and 18 others sustained various degrees of injuries.
Troops, security agents and care givers have been mobilized to scene, while the wounded have been evacuated to Molai General Hospital for treatment.
The troops, security agents and the Civilian JTF have secured the area and are combing the environment for possible clues.
While we commiserate with the families of the victims of this dastardly act, we wish to reassure the public that we would continue to rout the remnants of the Boko Haram terrorists wherever they may be hiding. We will not rest on our oars until all those that masterminded this latest heinous and other similar crimes are apprehended and brought to justice.
Meanwhile, we implore the members of the public to be more security conscious, cooperate with the troops and security agencies. They should also please report any suspicious persons, objects or happenings to troops or security agencies at all times.
Colonel Sani Kukasheka Usman
Acting Director Army Public Relations
- Lagos State Government to reverse Land Use Charge
- Female bodies and the illusion of safe spaces in Nigeria
- COVID-19 Update: Nigeria records 348 new cases, total infections exceed 11,000
- TechHerNG begins the re-launching Africa ‘emphasising tech, prioritising progression’ series
- WHO to resume chloroquine coronavirus clinical trials
- APC generated N135m from sale of forms to 6 Governorship aspirants
- FG approves reimbursement of funds expended by States in fixing Federal roads
- Court reinstates five Kano lawmakers suspended for backing dethroned Emir Sanusi
- Lawmakers to amend Labour Act to strengthen NLC
- INEC must provide face masks for voters in Edo and Ondo – Falana