Estimated Reading Time: <1
Governor Yahaya Bello of Kogi state has made five new political appointments as part of his effort to position his government to ensure equitable distribution of dividends of democracy in the state.
A statement released today, March 14th, 2016, in Lokoja by the Secretary to Kogi State Government, Dr. Ayoade Folashade, said the governor has appointed Barrister Justina Abanida from Yagba West Local Government Area as Chairman, Kogi State Universal Basic Education, SUBEB.
Other appointments announced were Alhaji Yakubu Oseni, from Okene Local Government Area as Chairman, Kogi State Board of Internal Revenue; Mr. Emmanuel Odiniya, who hails from Olamaboro Local Government Area as Chairman, Bureau of Local Government Pension.
The statement also announced Arch. Robert M. Achanya as Director-General, Bureau of Public Private Partnership while Barrister Moses Okezie is to serve as Senior Special Assistant on Speech Writing to the Governor.
The appointments take immediate effect.
- We must renounce our tribal identities; I’m Nigerian NOT Igbo
- 13-year-old girl drugged and gang-raped in Kaduna
- World Environment Day: environmentalists stress the importance of nature to humans
- Family of Uwaila Umozuwa, 22-year-old raped and murdered allege death threats
- Court reaffirms INEC powers to deregister political parties
- “Gambari was an Abacha man” – Wole Soyinka says Buhari’s Chief of Staff is part of the structure
- Nigeria records 328 new cases of COVID-19, total number infections now 11, 844
- Miyetti Allah President has said Fulani’s own Nigeria and will rule forever
- Breaking: NNPC raises alarm over contaminated diesel offered across Nigeria
- Going Green; Nigeria and sustainable architecture