Estimated Reading Time: <1
Governor Yahaya Bello of Kogi state has made five new political appointments as part of his effort to position his government to ensure equitable distribution of dividends of democracy in the state.
A statement released today, March 14th, 2016, in Lokoja by the Secretary to Kogi State Government, Dr. Ayoade Folashade, said the governor has appointed Barrister Justina Abanida from Yagba West Local Government Area as Chairman, Kogi State Universal Basic Education, SUBEB.
Other appointments announced were Alhaji Yakubu Oseni, from Okene Local Government Area as Chairman, Kogi State Board of Internal Revenue; Mr. Emmanuel Odiniya, who hails from Olamaboro Local Government Area as Chairman, Bureau of Local Government Pension.
The statement also announced Arch. Robert M. Achanya as Director-General, Bureau of Public Private Partnership while Barrister Moses Okezie is to serve as Senior Special Assistant on Speech Writing to the Governor.
The appointments take immediate effect.
- Was Nigeria’s finance minister ignorant? or lying? – CBN Governor Emefiele says Printing money is a cardinal job of the lenders
- Helen McCrory, star of Peaky Blinders, dies aged 52
- German govt ignores Nigeria, picks Ghana to establish West African center for global health
- Cheta Nwanze: Security, civic space and the media
- DSS claims to have uncovered plans by IPOB to Bomb banks in South-East
- ‘Bandits are threatening to marry our girls’ Parents of abducted Kaduna students cry out
- Local Government workers block convoy of Nasarawa Deputy Governor
- Adaora Okoye: Unravelling myths surrounding women in leadership in Nigeria
- JUSUN sets April 19 for nationwide peaceful protest
- IGR for Nigerian states drops to a new low – NBS Report