Estimated Reading Time: <1
The #CommonSense Senator, Ben Murray Bruce penned an open letter to Nigerian youths urging them to desist from the mistakes his generation made.
“Youths of Nigeria, I want to communicate with you today. I noticed that there are too many divisions amongst our youths and as a stakeholder in Nigeria and parent of Nigerian children, I believe I ought to intervene.
Youths, do not make the mistakes my generation made. Do not see yourselves through tribal and religious lens. My generation of Nigerians did that and look where it has led us. You must do better.
It is foolish for any youth to fight another youth over APC or PDP. Let me ask you, what is the difference between the APC and the PDP? Half of the members of the APC are former PDP members and vice versa.
Let me ask you youths a question: Do the APC and the PDP fight over you as you fight over them? How many ministers have they given you? How many ambassadors have they given you? How many heads of parastatals have they given you? That’s right, the answer is ZERO!
So resist the desire of vested interests to control you and use you to fight other youths on social media and in real life.
What youths do not realize is that you are victims of divide and conquer. You make up 60% of the population yet account for 0% of the federal cabinet!
Your price should be more than a plate of rice and a handshake. Work together not against each other! Come on Nigerian youths, be smart!
If you think after you have been used to fight each other these vested interests will hand power to you, think again. Their kids who are abroad will do same to your kids!
It is time to end the hate and come together for Nigeria’s good. Long after we are gone, you will be around. So learn to get along.
As I have said and I will keep saying, the youths are the leaders of today if only they will resist being used by vested interests.
How old is Trudeau, the Canadian PM. He was 43 when he became PM. You can be much more than a thug or Twitter overlord. You can be like Trudeau’s.
My name is Ben Murray Bruce and I not only want to make commonsense, I also believe in the Nigerian youth.”
- Covid 19: Refugee Commission and Sen Garba Mohammed’s selflessness during a global Pandemic
- Open Treasury: BudgIT identified faults, calls on government to fix it
- Activist Awosanya says advocacy efforts against Police brutality, other issues, yielding results
- Breaking: In Lagos; Worship centres to reopen June 19 – Says Governor Sanwo-Olu
- Two Chinese miners abducted in Ebonyi
- B/Haram: Top commanders, logistic routes destroyed but attacks on soft targets persist – Army
- COVID-19: Ebonyi orders testing and decontamination for budget ministries
- Nigerian Lawmakers reject castration as punishment for rapists
- Just In: Police arrests 25-year-old Wasiu Bankole for allegedly raping a 70-year-old woman
- Innovation in Times of Crisis: How a Nigerian Inventor is taking the lead