Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Chief of Army Staff, Lieutenant General Tukur Yusufu Buratai has reiterated the pledge of the Nigerian Army (NA) to sponsor the education of children of NA personnel who lost their lives during the counter-insurgency operations in the North East.
He made the pledge through the Chief of Administration Army, Major General Adamu Abubakar, during the presentation of the Group Life Assurance cheques to the Next of Kins each of the bereaved families at the Army Headquarters yesterday. In his remarks, Gen Abubakar said the cheques were to provide succour to the bereaved families to cushion the economic impact caused by the loss of their bread winners.
Maj Gen Abubakar added that aside from the cheques, the NA would sponsor four children each of the bereaved families, from primary up to the tertiary level of education. The families present at the occasion were full of gratitude to the NA for showing commitment in alleviating their plight.
Colonel Sani Kukasheka Usman
Acting Director Army Public Relations
- NFF sets up Special COVID-19 task force
- COVID-19: Federal Government releases N10Billion for local vaccine production
- A Traditional Ruler in Adamawa has been kidnapped
- Kano enforces COVID-19 restrictions; civil servants to stay home, viewing centres shut down
- Kaduna University will reopen January 25 – VC
- Over 15 million Nigerians abuse drugs – NDLEA new boss promises to end drug abuse
- Abuja resident hospitalised after IGP’s orderly fires AK-47 rifle in beer parlour
- Buba Marwa resumes office as NDLEA Chairman
- Invest in dispelling COVID-19 misinformation – Cross River Primary Healthcare DG urges FG
- Oyo PDP alleges APC is behind production of fake Amotekun uniforms