Estimated Reading Time: <1
The National Chairman of Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Ali Modu Sheriff, has expressed optimism that the party will reclaim Jigawa in the 2019 general elections.
Mr. Sheriff said this while addressing a delegation of PDP members led by Tukur Ganza, who paid him a solidarity visit in Abuja on Tuesday.
Mr. Sheriff said the party would do everything democratically possible to reclaim the state, which he said was a PDP stronghold.
”We lost the election not because PDP was not strong in Jigawa, but it was the movement at that time ?that caused it.
“Now, we have learnt from our mistakes. So, it is a matter of time. All the people who left our party in Jigawa will come back.
“The leadership of the PDP today will ensure that no one is lagging behind,” Mr. Sheriff said.
Earlier, Mr. Ganza said the group’s visit was to support the emergence of Sheriff as PDP national chairman.
He said that the group believed in the capability of Sheriff to revive the party. (NAN)
- In Enugu, Catholic Bishop chased out worshippers without face masks out of church
- We have no money to import food — Buhari begs farmers to increase cultivation
- PDP insists its candidate, Musa Wada, won the Governorship election, heads to appeal court
- Lagos Govt announce Closure of Marine Beach Bridge to vehicular movement – here’s why
- 313 More COVID-19 cases reported, total Infections Hit 7,839
- Buhari’s Fuji house of commotion
- Abike Dabiri accuses Minister, Ali Pantami of driving her staff out of NCC property –
- Buhari “regime” is pursuing political annihilation of the South – group alleges
- Two new cases of coronavirus recorded in Enugu State
- Social distancing was not fully enforced during the Eid prayers in Kano