Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Ijaw Youths Council (IYC) has called on the police to prosecute Yunusa, the alleged abductor of Ese Oruru, and other people who helped craft the plan and accommodate her in Kano.
The group claims that Yunusa’s collaborators are still in the Emir of Kano’s palace.
The IYC spokesman, Eric Omare, in a statement said “The IYC, therefore, insist that the Inspector General of Police, Mr. Solomon Arase, must bring those who masterminded the kidnap of Miss Ese Oruru to justice in line with the Anti-kidnapping law of Bayelsa.
“This should include collaborators in the palace of the Emir of Kano.
“This is the only way we can put a stop to such criminal conduct, especially considering the worrying activities of herdsmen in different parts of the country.
“We commend the role of the Nigerian media in rescuing Ese Oruru from the hands of her abductors.”
- Federal Government is set to shut the Third Mainland Bridge for six months
- Journalists barred as Magu faces panel in Aso Rock while DSS denies arrest
- DSS has said it did not arrest Mr Ibrahim Magu, EFCC acting chairman
- Fredrick Nwabufo: EFCC’s Magu ‘arrested’: When the hunter becomes the bush meat
- Governor Ganduje of Kano has said that PDP is only interested in looting Edo State Treasury
- National Assembly to hold hearing on sexual and gender based violence in Nigeria
- Anti-Corruption activist; Hamzat Lawal declines NCF invitation
- Acting Chairman of the EFCC, Ibrahim Magu, has been arrested by the Department of State Services.
- Kenya resumes international flight operations
- Fed Gov’t announced some lifelines for the broadcast industry – here’s what you need to know