Estimated Reading Time: <1
Former resident of the Senate, Senator David Mark was Wednesday sworn in for six record time as a Senator .
The swearing in ceremony which was conducted by his successor, Senate President Bukola Saraki was amidst an uncommon solidarity as the Senators gave Senator Mark a standing ovation.
As soon as Senator who wore white Agbada with his traditional Idoma cap walked in, the senators clapped at his arrival as they welcomed him back into the senatorial wings with shouts of the youngest and most ranking.
Senator Mark was sworn in at exactly 11 am in the hallowed chamber after taking the traditional oath of office and allegiance.
After he was sworn in, he walked to Bukola Saraki, the Senate President to give him a handshake.
Shortly after the swearing in, Senators at the plenary session rose in solidarity with Senator Mark as they took turns to hug and exchanged banners with him.
Senator Barnabas Gemade who represents Benue north east senatorial district showed his happiness over the return of Mark by hugging him twice.
Other lawmakers who were all smiles stood by the aisles as Mark walked through shaking hands with his colleagues.
- Nigeria to review her foreign policy in order to reflect current realities
- “‘Indictment’ reinforces our position that the EFCC, under his watch, has been a huge scam” – PDP on Ibrahim Magu
- Ose Anenih: Change and the Institutionalisation of Corruption
- Imo Governor queries IMSU VC over non-payment of staff salaries
- FG cancels resumption of schools, withdraws unity schools from 2020 WASSCE
- PHOTOS: Domestic flights resume in Nigeria’s airports
- Airborne transmission of COVID-19 cannot be ruled out says WHO
- Breaking: Ondo Assembly suspends deputy speaker
- Just In: An explosion on Oil mining lease 40 operated by NNPC has killed workers
- Doctors in Cross River State suspend strike