Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Chairman Code of Conduct Tribunal, Danladi Yakubu Umar, has today acceded to the request of the Senate President Dr Olubukola Abubakar Saraki, through his lead defence Counsel, Kanu G. Agabi (SAN), to reschedule the hitherto fixed 10TH/3/2016 to 11th /3/ 2016 for hearing at the Tribunal.
This was contained in a letter signed by Kanu G. Agabi (SAN), CON, forwarded to the Tribunal, dated 26th February, 2016, with the heading Re: charge No. CCT/ABJ/01/2015- FRN V Dr Olubukola Abubakar Saraki, addressed to the Chief Registrar of the CCT.
The letter states ‘‘I write as lead Counsel to the above Defendant to apply that the matter which is now scheduled to come up on the 10th day of March 2016, subject to the convenience of the Honourable Tribunal and learned Counsel for the prosecution, be taken on the 11th day of March, 2016, due to my earlier and urgent commitments in other courts on the 10th ’’.
Its added thus; ‘‘I will sincerely appreciate the indulgence of the Tribunal to accommodate me in this way’’. He ended by apologising for the inconvenience caused to the Honourable Tribunal and other learned Counsel.
Head, Press & Public Relations.
01 March, 2016.
- Infectious Diseases Bill more dangerous than coronavirus – Ekweremadu
- Ibrahim, President Muhammadu Buhari’s nephew, is dead
- Doctors threaten strike over non payment of COVID-19 Allowance
- 268 Nigerians arrive from China
- Niger State plans to modernise local Islamic schools
- “Destructive shadow of bitterness, we’re shackled by the sins of our fathers”- Nigeria is haunted by the Biafran war
- Nigeria’s Elnathan John, others to judge Kalahari short story competition open to writers in Swahili, French and English
- President Buhari reconstitutes NNPC board
- We have worked hard for our COVID-19 free status- Cross River Govt
- Nigeria has failed to bring justice for mass atrocities committed during the Biafran war