Estimated Reading Time:
The Director-General of the Department of State Services, Lawal Daura, has denied the allegation that he collected N4bn from the Peoples Democratic Party’s governors of Akwa Ibom, Rivers, Abia and Taraba states to influence the judgment of the Supreme Court in their favour in the recently decided electoral cases by the apex court.
He said this while the service paraded three suspects at the DSS headquarters in Abuja today.
The suspects were said to have made the allegation during a telephone conversation.
The suspects, Usman Ahmed Danmallam and Nura Shehu Lawal Giwa (aka Marafan Zazzau) were arrested on February 17, 2016 at Unguwar Sarki in Kaduna North Local Government of Kaduna State, while Hussaini Monguno (aka Colonel) was arrested in Abuja.
While parading the suspects in Abuja, an operative of the Service, Mr. Abdullahi Garba, said the suspects were also meant to misinform the President Muhammadu Buhari and the Nigerian public that the DSS DG had acquired choice properties in Maitama and Asokoro areas of Abuja.
The information contained in this post is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by DSS DG Lawal Daura Denies Collecting N4bn From PDP In Akwa Ibom, Abia, Rivers And Taraba and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the post for any purpose.
- PDP Condemns the beheading of farmers in Zabarmari, Borno state by Boko Haram terrorists
- Here’s why Nigerians are to pay N4,000 monthly – Presidency
- Mai Mala Buni, Governor of Yobe, spends at least three days in his state
- Update: 110 civilians were killed by Boko Haram in the attack on a rice field in Borno State
- I’ve realized my mistakes: – Senator representing Borno, Ali Ndume, now knows the value of Ex-President Godluck Jonathan
- Breaking: Nigeria’s national electricity grid has collapsed
- Robbers attacked Ogun church, beat members to stupor, and kidnapped
- Northerners met in Kaduna to begin the search for Buhari’s successor
- Breaking: Villagers killed in fresh attacks and reprisals in Kaduna
- Explosives detonated at Governor Wike’s father’s Church in Port Harcourt