Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Nigeria Football Federation has re-appointed Samson Siasia as coach of the Super Eagles following the resignation of the Sunday Oliseh on Friday.
Siasia, whose contract as Eagles coach was terminated in October 2011 following the team’s failure to qualify for the 2012 Africa Cup of Nations, will be assisted by Salisu Yusuf, who assisted Oliseh, 2015 FIFA U-17 World Cup winner, Emmanuel Amuneke, and Alloy Agu for the upcoming 2017 Africa Cup of Nations qualifiers against Egypt.
The appointment was announced by the NFF following the recommendation of the NFF Technical and Development Committee, which held an emergency meeting after Oliseh’s resignation.
- Breaking: Armed security officials fire live bullets at thousands of #EndSARS protesters at Lekki toll gate in Lagos
- Flight operations at the Murtala Mohammed Airport suspended
- Nigerian senate asks Buhari to Immediately address citizens #EndSARS
- Breaking: IGP deploys anti-riot policemen nationwide
- Just In: All Progressives Congress leader wants court to shutdown twitter in Nigeria
- Tension as hoodlums set ablaze another police station in Lagos State
- Speaker Gbajabiamila says he will not sign the 2021 Appropriation Bill until … #EndSARS
- Breaking: Lagos Government declares curfew over #EndSARS protests
- Nigerian economy loses N700bn to #EndSARS protests in 12 days
- Just In: 8 killed, 7 others injured in a tanker explosion in Niger State