Estimated Reading Time: <1
Former General Officer Commanding, GOC, Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger-Delta, Government Ekpemupolo, alias Tompolo, Monday, denied issuing any ultimatum to President Muhammadu Buhari to withdraw military from the region or he would blow up oil pipelines.
Tompolo’s Media Adviser, Mr. Paul Bebenimibo, said the purported statement was trending on social media.
“We wish to state categorically that the said publication is not from Tompolo, rather it is the work of those that have sworn to kill him by all means, but Jehovah God forbid. Tompolo has stated before now, that he will not resort to violence or destroy oil facilities because of the issue he is having with the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC.
“No amount of provocation and persecution can make him to destroy the country that he has helped to build in recent time. He will wisely continue to pursue his course legally,” he added.
Bebenimibo added: “It is his (Tompolo) prayer for those that are pushing for his death to have a re-think as he believes fervently in Jehovah God, Who sees the heart of every human being, knows that he has no evil intention against Nigeria or any individual.Therefore, he will come out stronger in the face of these temptations and trials.”
- Udo Jude Ilo: Making the best of the Public Anger on Sexual and Gender-Based Violence
- Edo Elections: PDP picks Nyesom Wike as campaign chairman
- Governor Abdulrazaq reshuffles cabinet
- LASG announces partial reopening of schools
- Kogi Governor appoints acting Chief Judge
- Bauchi Governor suspends Emir of Misau
- APC plans to use Ganduje, Yahyah Bello and Uzodinma to derail Edo election – PDP
- Stamp duty will now be paid on house rent and C of O – FIRS
- No differences to sort out in APC, says Tinubu
- EFCC arraigns Malabu Oil, six others over $1 billion fraud