Estimated Reading Time: <1
Nigerian Blogger, Japheth Omojuwa appears set to take the first legal step against the revelations over a group of people who allegedly gathered to discuss his person, with death threats allegedly issued against him by the parties involved.
Read statement issued to NewsWireNGR below.
In a document made available to us, which is pictured here, Mr. Omojuwa represented by Abuja based “Kech Ford Lawyers” is suing one Osita Duru behind the @RadicalYouthMan Twitter account for N450million for impugning on his character and defamation. The libel case appears to be a smaller issue compared against the criminal prosecution promised in the document.
According to the document, the Twitter user has been given 5 days to retract and apologise to avoid a criminal prosecution amongst other issues.
The Nigerian authorities have since been alerted as indicated by the statement and the Inspector General of Police, Solomon Arase and the Minister of Justice Abubakar Malami were both copied in the document.
The statement issued to NewsWireNGR continued, “It remains to be seen the steps to be taken by the accused but from all indication, Mr. Omojuwa will not be taking the death threats with kid gloves. Omojuwa has been under constant attack from supporters of former President Goodluck Jonathan over what they deemed as his influential role in the defeat of the president by President Buhari at the March 2015 polls. “
See document attached below..
- Return to negotiation or…, Ngige warns ASUU
- Amnesty International says Nigeria gov’ts response to rape continues to be woefully inadequate
- Raped & left for dead: Edo Governor wants justice for 22-yr-old student of University of Benin
- Buhari’s refusal to address the country on May 29 is because he’s weighed down with failure – PDP
- $5.513bn loan: SERAP wants Buhari to reveal spending details of loans by his government since 2015
- PDP records landslide victory in Benue LGA elections
- Rape In RCCG; Uwa’s murder raises questions about the safety of Nigerian women
- “A lot of great things are going to come out of this lockdown” – Pastor Enoch Adeboye
- 12-year-old girl raped in Jigawa
- Just In: Nasarawa CAN chairman regains freedom