Estimated Reading Time: <1
The National Chairman of the All Progressives Congress, Chief John Odigie-Oyegun, on Tuesday said the ruling party was concerned about alleged internal sabotage going on in some agencies which were headed by people appointed by the Peoples Democratic Party.
Odigie-Oyegun spoke with State House correspondents after leading some members of the party’s National Working Committee to a meeting with President Muhammadu Buhari.
He claimed the party chiefs came to pay their respect to the President, adding that they, however, raised their concerns on one or two issues.
When asked to disclose some of the concerns the party chiefs raised with the President, Odigie-Oyegun, who noted that the meeting was pleasant and rewarding, said the concerns were internal party matters.
On the Monday mass sack of former President Goodluck Jonathan’s appointees, he said, “APC members were not concerned about the positions, we are concerned about the internal sabotage that is going on in a lot of the PDP-filled positions which are critical to our national growth and development.
“It is happening in INEC, it is happening in a lot of other institutions and that is what the concern of the party is, not necessarily taking over.
“We should take over and there should be people who believe in the change agenda, we have no apologies for that at all.”
He said it was at the President’s discretion to decide how soon the replacements for the sacked officials would come.
According to Odigie-Oyegun, there is no confusion on the 2016 budget as people are being made to believe.
He said, “There is absolutely no confusion. This is a serious issue.
“I want you to please understand the complications that come from adjusting a structure from over 40 ministries to just over 20 ministries and the necessary adjustments of figures and movements of institutions that, that entails.
“It was very complicated, so it is natural that adjustments have to be made to the process and that is just is happening.”
- Nigerian lady advertised for sale on Facebook in Lebanon, on her way home
- “We ride together, we die together, bad marriage for life” -Will Smith and Jada Smith address affair with Singer August
- Osun SSG, Prince Wole Oyebamiji recovers from Coronavirus
- Lagos sealed off private medical laboratory for allegedly conducting COVID-19 tests
- NFIU office located in Aso Rock, burgled as N510bn is traced to Bureau de change linking Ibrahim Magu – computers taken away
- Recovered loots ‘relooted’ must be ‘re-recovered’ – Former Governor Ayodele Fayose said Ibrahim Magu, sold recovered assets under his watch to his associates
- Nigeria evacuating stranded citizens in Malaysia and Thailand
- How Nigerian Immigration stopped 58 doctors from travelling to the United Kingdom
- NFF cancels 2019/2020 league season
- Just In: Ibrahim Magu asks IGP for bail