Estimated Reading Time: <1
German President Joachim Gauck on Wednesday had a private meeting with a group of young Nigerian writers and authors at the Thought Pyramid Art Centre, Abuja.
Elnathan John a Nigerian novelist, satirist known for his recently published works, Born On A Tuesday was among the selected few at the meeting with Mr Gauck.
Gauck spoke on establishing closer business and publishing ties between German and Nigerian writers, and commended his guests for their “independence of thought” He asked them to remain independent and proffer solutions to societal problems through their writings.
Apart from Elnathan, a well known writer based in Abuja Nigeria with multiple recognition as a finalist of the Caine Prize for literature, others included Emma Shercliff, Richard Ali, Safiya Ismailayero, Ukamaka Olisakwe and Abubakar Adam Ibrahim.
- Breaking: Bayelsa Governor Douye Diri wins at Supreme Court against Timi Alaibe
- Nigerian Government scrambles for oxygen as COVID-19 deaths rise
- Supreme Court affirms virtual court hearing
- Lagos asks striking doctors to resume work
- Nigeria’s Dapo Olorunyomi, honoured with the International Press Freedom award
- Federal Government will pay salaries of private school teachers – NAPPS
- AGF Abubarkar Malami sues Sahara Reporters
- Just In: FG releases guidelines for schools’ resumption
- NMA wants Nigerians to avoid unnecessary visits or consultations to hospitals to minimise COVID-19 spread
- How Nigeria’s Federal Government, States, LGAs shared N7.8tr in 2019