Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Department of State Services (DSS) has said that the service had foiled a plan by a group of fraudsters to steal N4.5 billion from the Treasury Single Account (TSA) by hacking the Government Integrated Financial Management Information System (GIFMIS).
This is contained in a statement issued by an official of the service, Mr Tony Opuiyo, Yesterday in Abuja.
According to Opuiyo, between December 2015 and February, 2016, the Service also busted the network of syndicated kidnap gangs in different regions in the country which includes Kebbi, Zamfara, Niger, Nasarawa, FCT, Oyo and Osun states.
The statement also said that the service had arrested a suspected recruiter for the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria on Jan. 17 in Kano.
The arrest was sequel to available intelligence which indicated the suspect’s terrorist antecedents and covert drive to indoctrinate and recruit susceptible youths in the country.
The statement said that the successes were recorded as a result of proactive and credible intelligence offered by members of the public, sister security agencies and other stakeholders.
“ This Service wishes to state that it will continue to deploy every means necessary within its statutory mandate, and ambit of the law to ensure the security and safety of all law-abiding residents and citizens wherever they reside,“he said.
It urged all and sundry to be extra-vigilant, as well as report any suspicious persons and groups or activities to relevant security agencies for the sustenance of relative peace in the country.
- Lagos govt says negotiations are ongoing with manufacturers to make COVID-19 vaccines available
- “Scammers bent on defrauding job seekers” -EFCC raise alert
- Just In: Nigeria orders immediate closure of enrollment activities at NIMC Headquarters
- Nigerian Military decimate Boko Haram camp in Borno
- Borno state Governor says south-easterners should negotiate for power rather than expect others to leave it for them
- Islamic State terrorists raid Nigeria’s military base in Marte, Borno
- ..had gone to the pharmacy to buy medicine …..How Gunmen abduct Imo State University lecturer
- Lagos Government releases work-from-home directive; Grade 14 & below to resume Feb 1
- Yoweri Museveni of Uganda wins 6th term re-election
- Rovers of Calabar to square up against 3SC in NNL season opening match