Estimated Reading Time: <1
Nigeria’s Super Eagles Coach Sunday Oliseh has launched a scathing attack at his critics who continue to fuel speculation about his future in charge of the Nigerian national team; going as far as labelling them insane?.
“Now it’s the time to attack,” Oliseh said on a new YouTube clip.
“The usual critics have brought out their fangs again.
“I’m addressing this constant insanity, this is madness that has befallen some of our critics. You must be insane to ask questions on the future of the Super Eagles because we lost CHAN.
“With all due respect, CHAN is the least important tournament organised by CAF, and it is a tournament which weighs on the strength of the various leagues and you can see how far DR Congo and TP Mazembe have done.
“What then should be done to the coaches of Ghana, South Africa and Egypt, who did not qualify for this tournament?
“This insanity each time the Super Eagles lose, these critics go on air and start seeking the future of the coach. This is madness!
“They did the same thing when we lost to DR Congo, which was a friendly game. They were asking questions if this was the right person to lead the Super Eagles.
“We lost to Guinea, and this comes after a 10-game unbeaten run, and they start this hulabalo over the future of the coach of the Super Eagles.”
Despite the criticism, Oliseh maintained he wason course to qualifying the country for both AFCON 2017 and the 2018 World Cup.
“We’re on track to qualify for the Africa Cup of Nations and we have qualified into the pool stage for the World Cup,” he said.
“This is the 14th game I have been in charge as coach and we have lost only two and only one official game.
“So, where is this failure that some people are trying to sell to Nigerians?
“Unless for coach Sunday Oliseh and his crew to be successful, they have to win all their matches. Jesus Christ! Even the world champions Germany are not doing that.
“Talk less of us who are a brand-new team we are building for some months now –the team to CHAN have seven players who are certainly leaving our shores to play abroad, two have already signed.
“I’m proud of what we have achieved with the Super Eagles of Nigeria. Nigerians are happy, there is so much team spirit, it is now interesting to watch the Super Eagles.”
- Breaking: Armed security officials fire live bullets at thousands of #EndSARS protesters at Lekki toll gate in Lagos
- Flight operations at the Murtala Mohammed Airport suspended
- Nigerian senate asks Buhari to Immediately address citizens #EndSARS
- Breaking: IGP deploys anti-riot policemen nationwide
- Just In: All Progressives Congress leader wants court to shutdown twitter in Nigeria
- Tension as hoodlums set ablaze another police station in Lagos State
- Speaker Gbajabiamila says he will not sign the 2021 Appropriation Bill until … #EndSARS
- Breaking: Lagos Government declares curfew over #EndSARS protests
- Nigerian economy loses N700bn to #EndSARS protests in 12 days
- Just In: 8 killed, 7 others injured in a tanker explosion in Niger State