Estimated Reading Time: <1
The north will never discover oil in the Chad basin of Nigeria even after it has wasted $3 billion, approximately (N900 billion) in oil exploration in the basin, said Senator Shehu Sani, Chairman, Senate Committee on foreign and domestic debts.
Sani, made the above affirmation Monday when members of Kaduna State Students Union paid him a courtesy call in his Kaduna office.
This in variance with the position of the Chairman, of the Northern Nigeria Development Company, (NNDC) Alhaji Bashir Dalhatu, who had said last year NNDC would commence the exploration of oil and gas in the said basin and the upper Benue trough.
Said Sani: “Oil exploration in the north has been carried out back to days far beyond that of former President Jonathan Goodluck. I am calling on President Mohamadu Buhari to order a probe into this questionable search for oil.
Past leaders have amassed wealth through this venture, and I want the president to investigate this. “If we cannot fine oil, we must get our money back because so far over $3 billion US Dollars had been wasted on oil exploration in the north, particularly in the Chad Basin and Benue trough.
- Nigeria records 328 new cases of COVID-19, total number infections now 11, 844
- Miyetti Allah President has said Fulani’s own Nigeria and will rule forever
- Breaking: NNPC raises alarm over contaminated diesel offered across Nigeria
- Going Green; Nigeria and sustainable architecture
- Gov Yahaya Bello lifts lockdown in Kabba-Bunu, insists Kogi Is COVID-19 free
- Nigerians should emulate President Buhari – Presidency
- Atiku commends removal of fuel subsidy, laments time wasted
- Buhari extends NCC boss, Danbatta’s tenure
- Police arrest Abuja lawyer defending women in a sexual assault case amidst national protest against sexual violence
- Appeal Court rules in favour of Audu Maikori, awards 10.5M in damages