Estimated Reading Time: <1
Emir of Kano Muhammadu Sanusi ll yesterday sacked Alhaji Sani Umar Ganduje, a younger brother to the Kano State Governor Abdullahi Umar Ganduje as village head of Ganduje town.
The younger Ganduje was suspended about two months ago for alleged defrauding some intending pilgrims from his village of their monies.
When the matter was brought before the emir, he set up an investigative committee which finally found the sacked village head guilty of the allegations leveled against him.
The action was based on the committee’s recommendations that the emir sacked the village head yesterday.
While announcing the sack, the emir warned all village heads and other traditional title holders in the state to always be cautious while dealing with their subjects.
- Wike of Rivers State has advised residents to be wary of air travellers from Abuja and Lagos – states with high coronavirus cases
- Oniru residents write Sanwo-olu over New Oba’s alleged use of thugs
- Just In: Nigeria develops, launches COVID-19 test kit
- The Vice President did not collect N4 Billion from Magu – Laolu Akande
- Federal government approves N108 billion for road projects
- Nigeria to review her foreign policy in order to reflect current realities
- “‘Indictment’ reinforces our position that the EFCC, under his watch, has been a huge scam” – PDP on Ibrahim Magu
- Ose Anenih: Change and the Institutionalisation of Corruption
- Imo Governor queries IMSU VC over non-payment of staff salaries
- FG cancels resumption of schools, withdraws unity schools from 2020 WASSCE