Estimated Reading Time: <1
After estranged wife, Tony Payne had written to forgive “gongo aso” singer 9ice, he finally opens up to reveal rumours making the rounds six years ago that the ex-wife, Tony Payne had cheated and also talks about the song that led the rumours…
It has come to my attention that yesterday some people were up to some mischief harassing Toni Payne regarding an evil rumor that was spread years ago. I would like to use this opportunity to state categorically that the song Once Bitten Twice shy was not and can never be about Toni Payne. I have NEVER accused her or told anybody that she cheated on me because she DID NOT. It did not happen and it was never an issue. Let me be very clear. Toni Payne NEVER cheated on me. Some marriages do not work for different reasons.
Unfortunately I released my album at a very delicate time in our relationship and a song from the album was taken the wrong way and things were blown out of proportion due to my silence.
I have apologized to her in person and she has accepted my apology. I have moved on to a fresh start and she has moved on too. I would appreciate if the general public do the same.
I would appreciate if people refrain from insulting her for something she is not guilty of.
Once again, the song Once Bitten Twice Shy was NEVER about TONI PAYNE. It was just a song. I wish I had come out sooner but I cannot change the past, I can only try and make amends for the future.
It is a new dawn for us all and I hope this closes the topic permanently. If it does not, maybe it is best I release a song clarifying this issue for the 100th time because what started all this was a song and all my effort to clear that air via interviews have been futile. I assure you, I will stop at nothing to make sure this evil rumor is put to sleep once and for all. Again It was never my intention to cause her pain. My apologies to everyone who was affected. God Bless!
- Former Minister for Women Affairs, Aisha Alhassan dies
- Ebonyi Government says it will offer amnesty to repentant bandits
- Reps Committee summons NNPC, others over oil mining lease revocation
- ‘Buhari needs to speak to Nigerians; we didn’t vote for Garba Shehu or Femi Adesina’ – Dino Melaye
- I will stop being a Nigerian if Tinubu becomes President – Bode George
- Breaking: FG announce high profile Nigerians and institutions as financiers of terrorism
- “Some people are mercilessly against this country,” – Disappointed Buhari says
- Supreme court declares dissolution of Oyo Local Government Councils illegal
- Pastor Adeboye’s son to be buried on Tuesday May 11
- Abia Governor promises to rescue abducted ABSU student