Estimated Reading Time: <1
The All Progressives Congress (APC) screening committee on Monday, disqualified Senator Uche Ekwunife from contesting in the forthcoming Anambra Central Senatorial District rerun elections under the umbrella of the party.
At the venue of the election in Awka, Anambra State capital, hundreds of delegates converged to participate in the exercise ahead of the February election for Anambra Central Senatorial Seat.
But no party electoral official was in sight to confirm the conduct of the exercise before the protest broke out from the camps of Mrs Ekwunife and her opponent, Mrs Sharon Ikeazor.
While the delegates waited at the former Tourist Garden Hotel, along the Enugu-Onitsha expressway, news broke that one of the contenders in the primary had been disqualified.
Mrs Ekwunife had defected to APC on the wake of the Peoples Democratic Party’s refusal to conduct its primary election in agitation over the arrest and detention of the National Publicity Secretary of the PDP, Mr Olisa Metuh.
She was alleged to have been disqualified by the party during screening for having not been a member of the party for a required period of time.
The story received spontaneous reaction of rejection. Read complete signed copies of the disqualification document by committee members below..
- Anambra Governorship election to hold November 6 – INEC
- Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo flags off N5,000 cash transfer to low-income earners in urban areas
- Arewa Youth Leader says Northern Nigeria is the most backward region despite having the president
- Borno Governor asks Federal Character Commission for more employment slots
- Buhari appoints Nigeria’s first female ambassador to the United States
- Motorcycle riders are working as spies for kidnappers – Amotekun says
- Where will herdsmen graze if they leave the forest reserves? – Miiyetti Allah queries Akeredolu’s vacation order
- Kukah gets international recognition with appointment by Pope Francis
- Buhari in closed door meeting with President of Benin Republic
- Just in: 3 dead as petrol tanker explodes in Ogun State