Estimated Reading Time: <1
Peoples Democratic Party Spokesman, Olisa Metuh arrives court for his hearing today from Kuje Prion and was handcuffed.
The Federal High Court sitting in Abuja had adjourned the case involving the National Publicity Secretary of the Peoples Democratic Party till Tuesday, January 19.
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) had detained Metuh over some funds received from the National Security Adviser under Col. Sambo Dasuki (rtd).
At the earlier hearing, Metuh submitted two pleas, one of which was whether the EFCC had the right to have detained him as long as they did.
Metuh had questioned the legality of a Magistrate Court ruling that sanctioned his detention, on the ground that the court was going beyond its jurisdiction to have ordered such detention.
- Six Airforce personnel jailed over Alex Badeh’s killing
- Former GMD of NNPC, Maikanti Baru is dead
- Obiano signs COVID-19 Prevention Bill into law
- APC accuses Bauchi Governor of starving state assembly of funds
- NCDC receives 50,000 medical face masks from Taiwan
- Nigeria confirms 387 new Coronavirus cases, totalling 9,302
- Buhari says post-coronavirus, an opportunity for Africa to look within, explore manufacturing potentials
- Buhari assures Nigerians that the mandate for change remains relevant to improve livelihoods
- Nigerian Government receives bids to track repatriated Abacha stolen funds
- Governor Tambuwal begs for more military intervention to end bandit attacks in Sokoto