Estimated Reading Time: <1
Peoples Democratic Party Spokesman, Olisa Metuh arrives court for his hearing today from Kuje Prion and was handcuffed.
The Federal High Court sitting in Abuja had adjourned the case involving the National Publicity Secretary of the Peoples Democratic Party till Tuesday, January 19.
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) had detained Metuh over some funds received from the National Security Adviser under Col. Sambo Dasuki (rtd).
At the earlier hearing, Metuh submitted two pleas, one of which was whether the EFCC had the right to have detained him as long as they did.
Metuh had questioned the legality of a Magistrate Court ruling that sanctioned his detention, on the ground that the court was going beyond its jurisdiction to have ordered such detention.
- Kwara cancels pension to ex-governors signed by Saraki in 2011
- Centre for Liberty demands immediate restoration of access to People‘s Gazette website
- Court orders forfeiture of millions found in Ex-Zamfara State account
- Primary school teachers in Bayelsa threaten strike
- Nollywood actor, Ernest Asuzu has died
- State Capture: Nigeria’s political parties and their associates are malicious – Cheta Nwanze
- Nigeria earned N1.53Trillion from VAT In 2020 – NBS report
- Breaking: Nigerian telecommunication networks block access to Peoples Gazette Website
- Femi Adesina says Buhari felt it was the best time to rejig the security system in the country
- In Bauchi, Hisbah ‘Police’ arrests ‘Organizers’ of sex party