Estimated Reading Time: <1
The All Progressives Congress (APC) will hold its primaries for the Anambra Central senatorial rerun election slated for March on Tuesday.
As at press time, only two persons had collected the nomination forms for the senatorial ticket of the party, as revealed by the party’s National Organising Secretary, Sen. Osita Izunaso. Those who had collected their nomination forms are, former APC Interim Woman Leader, Hon Sharon Ikeazor and Senator Uche Ekwunife.
The APC is conducting a fresh primaries for its aspirants because the candidate of the party in the 2015 senatorial election in Anambra Central, Senator Chris Ngige has declined to contest the rerun senatorial election.
Ngige, now Minister of Labour and Employment, said that he is declining to contest the March rerun senatorial election because he wants to assist the Presidency to tackle the issue of unemployment.
However, the All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA) has threatened to go to court should APC or any other party feed a fresh candidate in the rerun.
- Coronavirus infections in Nigeria increased with 8,733 confirmed cases
- Federal Government set to release guidelines on school reopening
- Three proposed COVID-19 herbal cures identified for further investigation – FG
- Ekiti Assembly passes Tourism, Hospitality Licensing and Regulation Bill
- FG to amend National Endowment for the Arts Act
- Trading resumes in NSE after Eid-el-Fitr celebration with 0.07% growth
- Radio stations fined for violations against the Nigerian Broadcasting code
- Trump threatens to ‘close down’ social media after Twitter labelled two of his tweets “unsubstantiated”
- Breaking: In Edo State, Ize-Iyamu collects APC governorship form, and Governor Obaseki speaks
- “We dried our tears” – 17-year-old girl who escaped Boko Haram after being abducted and held in captivity for four years described life in the Sambisa forest