Estimated Reading Time: <1
There is a fresh indication that the National Working Committee of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP and the local chapter of the party in Anambra state may have concluded plans to nominate and elect Chief Osita Chidoka, a former FRSC boss and minister of Aviation, as the candidate of the party in the forthcoming re-run of the Anambra Central Senatorial elections
You may recall a month ago the Court of Appeal sitting in Enugu nullified the election of Senator Uche Ekwunife and ordered for a fresh poll in Anambra Central Senatorial District. The All Progressive Grand Alliance candidate, Chief Victor Umeh had prayed the court for the cancellation.
In a surprising twist, just before the rescheduled polls. Senator Uche Ekwunife has decamped to the APC and vowed to win the primary of the party and also the subsequent election.
The push for the candidacy of the former Aviation Minister comes on the heels of a quest by the PDP to present a credible alternative to Uche Ekwunife who has abandoned the party. Osita Chidoka is seen as a very capable politician to challenge for the exulted position. He has served three Nigerian Presidents from President Olusegun Obasanjo, President Umaru Yaradua and Goodluck Jonathan, in different capacities.
Osita Chidoka also holds a
Graduate Diploma in Maritime & Ports Management, National University of Singapore – 2002
Certificate in Global Strategy and Political Economy, Mansfield College, Oxford University – 2004
Masters Degree in Transport Policy & Logistics, School of Public Policy, George Masons University, USA – 2006.
He is regarded as a very competent and credible politician.
- Buhari’s Fuji house of commotion
- Abike Dabiri accuses Minister, Ali Pantami of driving her staff out of NCC property –
- Buhari “regime” is pursuing political annihilation of the South – group alleges
- Two new cases of coronavirus recorded in Enugu State
- Social distancing was not fully enforced during the Eid prayers in Kano
- Nigeria confirms 265 new cases of COVID-19, totalling 7,526
- In Borno State Governor Zulum Attends Eid Prayers While Social Distancing
- President Buhari Celebrates Eid-El-Fitr Privately Amid COVID-19 Pandemic
- Eid-el-Fitr: NSCDC Deploys 500 Officers In Yobe
- Kaduna State Healthcare Workers Begin 7-Day Warning Strike