Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Kogi State Governor-Elect, Alh. Yahaya Adoza Bello has distanced himself from rumours linking him to Saturday’s invitation of Mr James Abiodun Faleke by the Directorate of State Security, saying he was always on the path of peace and reconciliation.
Reacting through a statement signed by his Media Office Mr. Jude Salau, Alh. Yahaya Bello denied sending any petition against the duo of Faleke and Mohammed Audu to the DSS.
“The allegation that I sent a petition to the DSS is an absolute falsehood and nothing can be farther from the truth.
“I did not send any petition to the security department to invite Hon Faleke. The insinuations that I might have written a petition to push for their invitation is absolute falsehood.
Nothing can be farther from the truth,” the Governor-elect further stressed.
Alh. Yahaya Bello noted that the DSS has been a highly professional organization under the leadership of the present administration, urging Nigerians to support security agencies in doing their job.
“We should all strive to support the independence of our security agencies from politicization,” he counselled, adding that “agencies of government related to law enforcement and judiciary must be seen as impartial in our collective desire to build a strong democracy”.
He urged members of the All Progressives Congress to ensure amicable resolution of disputes in order to move the nation forward. He hailed the contributions of Hon. Faleke and other leaders of the party for their contributions to the development of the party.
“Hon Faleke is a respected member of APC, who has made his own contribution to the success of our party, instigating his arrest can not be a part of the reconciliatory moves and peace building efforts that we have initiated ahead of our January 27th inauguration.
“As we count down towards this historic inauguration of our change government, our focus remains the enactment of a responsive and responsible leadership to Kogi citizens who have reposited their trust in our party.
“We are determined to deliver dividends of democracy to our persevering and patriotic people at the fastest speed. A new Kogi is here: peace, harmony and all round development
- Lai Mohammed, “erroneously” amended the NBC Code – Board Chairman
- Nigeria not taking ISIS, Al-Queda warning lightly says DHQ
- Nigeria to reverse US suspension of immigrant visas to passport holders
- UNILAG Senate upholds Professor Ogundipe as VC
- Fredrick Nwabufo: Lai; The most dangerous minister in Buhari’s cabinet
- Multinational Joint Task Force says Boko Haram is now recruiting child soldiers
- Court adjourns trial of Former AGF Mohammed Adoke, Abubakar
- Multiple port charges escalate cargo delay at terminals – NAGAFF
- How my pastor trafficked me to Russia for prostitution; A hair stylist’s harrowing experience highlights Nigeria’s human trafficking problem
- Breaking: NBC fines Nigeria Info FM N5m over Obadiah Mailaifa interview