Estimated Reading Time: <1
The people of Abia state have been alerted by the state government to an alleged plan to swear in Dr. Alex Otti of the All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA) as the new governor on Monday, January 4, based on the Appeal Court’s verdict that declared him winner of the gubernatorial poll held in the state, Today.Ng reports.
The court delivered judgement on the election petition on the last day of the year 2015, ruling that Alex Otti of the All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA) was the winner of the election, and ordered his immediate swearing-in and ordered the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) to issue his certificate of return.
Comrade Bonnie Iwuoha, the information commissioner, in a statement, warned those he said were planning to have Otti, sworn-in illegally to desist from such dastardly act as the state government will not condone it.
The commissioner stressed that Abia and her citizens believe strongly in democracy and the rule of law.
Otti, had on Wednesday, December 2, restated his commitment to assume the mantle of leadership freely given to him by the people of the state, even as he said that he will not give up on in his pursuit of his mandate.
In a statement, the former banker said that the ruling of the Appeal Court in his favour was the victory of silent majority over ‘unjust minority’.
- Landlords should see how they can work out yearly rent to monthly payments – Sanwo-Olu
- NLC, TUC have been compromised to frustrate oil and gas reforms says National Youth Council
- Schools in Adamawa to reopen October 12
- Breaking: Explosion hits Lagos and Ogun border communities
- Ondo Election: INEC chairman meets with journalists, stakeholders in Akure
- Fredrick Nwabufo: IPOB/Oduduwa agitators’ alliance: Igbo, Yoruba were meant to be together
- Delta State AG and 136 other lawyers, shortlisted for rank of SAN
- Ibrahim Magu wants anyone who has ever offered him a bribe to “come out publicly”
- Nigeria’s presidential jet- one out of the fleet is up for sale
- Obaseki and PDP leaks false information to the media says Ize-Iyamu