Estimated Reading Time:
The people of Abia state have been alerted by the state government to an alleged plan to swear in Dr. Alex Otti of the All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA) as the new governor on Monday, January 4, based on the Appeal Court’s verdict that declared him winner of the gubernatorial poll held in the state, Today.Ng reports.
The court delivered judgement on the election petition on the last day of the year 2015, ruling that Alex Otti of the All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA) was the winner of the election, and ordered his immediate swearing-in and ordered the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) to issue his certificate of return.
Comrade Bonnie Iwuoha, the information commissioner, in a statement, warned those he said were planning to have Otti, sworn-in illegally to desist from such dastardly act as the state government will not condone it.
The commissioner stressed that Abia and her citizens believe strongly in democracy and the rule of law.
Otti, had on Wednesday, December 2, restated his commitment to assume the mantle of leadership freely given to him by the people of the state, even as he said that he will not give up on in his pursuit of his mandate.
In a statement, the former banker said that the ruling of the Appeal Court in his favour was the victory of silent majority over ‘unjust minority’.
The information contained in this post is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by PDP's Okezie Ikpeazu Warns Against Unlawful Swearing-in Of APGA's Alex Otti and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the post for any purpose.
- Senate says Nigeria needs N400Billion annually for road maintenance
- Former Governor, Donald Duke says insurgents get their weapons from security operatives
- US President-elect Joe Biden announces all-female senior press team
- PDP Condemns the beheading of farmers in Zabarmari, Borno state by Boko Haram terrorists
- Here’s why Nigerians are to pay N4,000 monthly – Presidency
- Mai Mala Buni, Governor of Yobe, spends at least three days in his state
- Update: 110 civilians were killed by Boko Haram in the attack on a rice field in Borno State
- I’ve realized my mistakes: – Senator representing Borno, Ali Ndume, now knows the value of Ex-President Godluck Jonathan
- Breaking: Nigeria’s national electricity grid has collapsed
- Robbers attacked Ogun church, beat members to stupor, and kidnapped