Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) said any of its members convicted of corruption will face intra-disciplinary action.
Some chieftains of the party including former National Security Adviser (NSA), Col. Sambo Dasuki are presently standing trail for alleged diversion of $2.1 billion fund meant for the purchase of arms to fight insurgency by the immediate past administration.
PDP also said mediocre will no longer be allowed to lead the party in the ongoing repositioning that will see PDP regain the presidency and some of the electoral positions it lost in 2015 general elections.
The body of National Vice Chairmen of PDP, which met in Abuja on Wednesday, dissociated the party from any corrupt practices while the party was in power.
PDP has six zonal vice chairmen representing the six geo-political zones of the country.
In a communiqué issued at the end of the meeting, the group pledged support to the anti-corruption drive of President Muhammadu Buhari’s administration.
- For allegedly confiscating N284.5m, Nasarawa State Assembly demands sack of SSG
- NCAA announce a number of airports where domestic flights will resume Operations in Nigeria
- Churches and Mosques remain closed in Lagos
- Again, blackout in Nigeria as national electricity grid collapse
- Nigerian senate raises crude oil benchmark to $28 per barrel
- Updated: Nigeria will work to ensure Adesina’s re-election – Buhari
- National Assembly approves Buhari’s $28.2 billion loan
- #JUSTICE4UWA: Senators want stiffer penalties for rapists and more protection for the girl child
- Breaking: Court orders Orji Kalu’s release
- Police arrests suspect linked to the rape and murder of Ms Vera Uwa