Estimated Reading Time: <1
All Progressives Congress, APC, in Kaduna State has announced eleven months suspension of the Senator representing Kaduna Central Senatorial District, Senator Shehu Sani over frequent attacks on Governor Nasir El-Rufai.
According to the letter, the anti-party activities of Senator Sani is so pronounced, especially criticizing the Governor, Mallam Nasir El-Rufai.
“There is hardly a week his group will not be on air criticizing and challenging the enduring legacies of Mallam Nasir El-Rufai,” the letter stated.
The letter of suspension, which came from the senator’s ward known as Tudun Wada North Ward 6 and signed by Ahmed Abdulhamid, Auwal Mai Anguwa and Aminu Alilan, Secretary, PRO and Ex-officio respectively, stated that the decision was arrived at after a meeting held on 27th December, 2015 which reviewed a subcommittee report on allegations made against the senator.
It further stated that Senator Sani’s statements violate the rules of engagement of the party, which has only succeeded in factionalizing the party in the state.
It also noted that Sani’s statement on national issues is not in conformity with that of the state Governor and Government of Kaduna State.
While stating that the Senator has remained consistently in confrontation with the good policies of the Government of Kaduna State and considering them anti-people’s policies, it said “In view of the foregoing we have unanimously agreed that Senator Shehu Sani representing ward six should be suspended for the period of eleven months and that henceforth he is disengaged in partaking or attending party activities in Kaduna State subject to other punitive measures respectively.”
In a swift reaction to the suspension, the Special Adviser to Senator Shehu Sani on Political matters, Suleiman Ahmed said the suspension was illegal, adding “those behind it are ignorant of the party’s constitution.”
He said the suspension will not stop the Senator from criticizing or challenging Governor El-Rufai’s anti-masses policies.
Ahmed also alleged that the exco member who signed the suspension letter were acting the scripts of Governor El-Rufai.
In another reaction Senior Legislative Aide to Shehu Sani, Alhaji Rabiu Khaleed said the senator was never invited to any meetings and was never
- Borno Governor speaks about ambush of his convoy that left police officers and soldiers dead
- Fredrick Nwabufo: Nigeria at 60- The colonialists never left; they are Nigerian politicians
- Demola Olarewaju joins TStv as Head of Corporate Affairs
- Ondo 2020: INEC says electoral materials will arrive Akure October 5
- Passengers missing as truck plunges into river in Lagos
- Breaking: Nigerian Government to reform ticketing process in response to NewsWireNGR Investigation on Abuja-Kaduna rail
- Breaking: Barely 48 hours after tanker accident, an electronic shop in Lokoja, razed in a midnight fire
- House of Representatives ready for e-parliament, says Speaker Gbajabiamila
- ‘God is not happy with us’ Aisha Buhari asks Nigerians to pray
- Buhari renews appointments of PTDF, PEF, NCDMB chief executives