Estimated Reading Time: <1
President Muhammadu Buhari has expressed deep regret over the death of tens of people in Anambra State following an industrial gas explosion on the eve of Christmas.
The president, in a statement Friday by his Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity Mallam Garba Shehu, described the incident as an unfortunate tragedy.
Buhari said he was greatly shaken and shocked by such large-scale loss of human lives in a single industrial accident which, he said, cast a gloom on the families of the victims “who were looking forward to a joyous Christmas celebration”.
President Buhari extended his condolences to the families of the victims, the people and the government of Anambra State.
“My heart and prayers go out to these grieving families at this difficult and painful moment”, the president said.
- Breaking: 553 new Coronavirus cases reported in Nigeria, highest in a single day
- Kaduna: Group calls for FG’s intervention in Kajuru killings
- Nollywood Actress, Regina Daniels is having a baby with Ned Nwoko
- Infectious Diseases Bill more dangerous than coronavirus – Ekweremadu
- Ibrahim, President Muhammadu Buhari’s nephew, is dead
- Doctors threaten strike over non payment of COVID-19 Allowance
- 268 Nigerians arrive from China
- Niger State plans to modernise local Islamic schools
- “Destructive shadow of bitterness, we’re shackled by the sins of our fathers”- Nigeria is haunted by the Biafran war
- Nigeria’s Elnathan John, others to judge Kalahari short story competition open to writers in Swahili, French and English