Estimated Reading Time: <1
Ayodele Fayose, governor of Ekiti state, has asked President Muhammadu Buhari “to hand over to Vice President Yemi Osinbajo” if he cannot find solutions to the economic woes of the country. Fayose accused the president of giving flimsy excuses for not being able to give Nigerians the change they deserve.
He challenged him to fulfill his campaign promises, opposing the likely increase in the pump price of petrol and remove subsidy.
He was speaking on Tuesday while signing the N67.04 billion 2016 appropriation bill of the state into law. “Enough of these flimsy excuses. President Buhari has to fulfill all his electoral promises to the people,” he said.
“If he has no clues to all these problems, he should hand over to Vice President Yemi Osinbajo or whoever and bow out honourably. “What President Buhari promised us is change but what we have under this government is dwindling economy, low power generation, proposed subsidy removal, high level poverty and naira devaluation.
“For the president to have told Nigerians to brace up for more hardship in 2016 is the most callous of a man who promised Nigerians change.”
- Schools are not ready to be reopened- Minister Of State For Education
- FG should provide bailout for aviation sector – AMCON
- Coronavirus infections in Nigeria increased with 8,733 confirmed cases
- Federal Government set to release guidelines on school reopening
- Three proposed COVID-19 herbal cures identified for further investigation – FG
- Ekiti Assembly passes Tourism, Hospitality Licensing and Regulation Bill
- FG to amend National Endowment for the Arts Act
- Trading resumes in NSE after Eid-el-Fitr celebration with 0.07% growth
- Radio stations fined for violations against the Nigerian Broadcasting code
- Trump threatens to ‘close down’ social media after Twitter labelled two of his tweets “unsubstantiated”