Estimated Reading Time: <1
Former Deputy National Chairman of Peoples Demcoratic Party, PDP, Chief Olabode George, has denied collecting N100 million from former Minister of Finance (State), Mr Bashir Yuguda, saying it is another blatant falsehood, stripped of any iota of truth.
George, who is also the Atona Oodua of Yorubaland, described the claim as “mischievous and deliberately fraudulent.”
The PDP leader, in a statement said: “My attention has been drawn to another mischievous and deliberately fraudulent claim that I collected N100 million from Bashir Yuguda, the former Minister of State for Finance. This is another blatant falsehood, stripped of any iota of truth. This is yet again a depraved continuation of lynch mob journalism orchestrated by an online newspaper.”
In an effort to set the records straight, he said: “The salient fact is that very early this year, long before the election period, the party set up Contact and Mobilization Commttee for each zone to reconcile various factions and ensure a firm unity of purpose within the zones before the election. I was elected as the Chairman for the South-West zone.
“The committee which was made up of 18 senior members of the party with distinguished history of honour and exemplary leadership, met at least 10 times in my office in Lagos. These people travelled all the way from every corner of the South-West, with three members representing each state. All of them are very much alive to testify to my assertions. Sometime in the middle of these deliberations, Yuguda came to me and said the party was reimbursing the 18 elders of the committee for their transportation, accommodation and feeding allowance for the work that was done.
“The committee later submitted the report of its deliberations to the party and then wound up. For all these efforts Yuguda gave the committee only $30,000. That was less than N6 million at that time. Yuguda can never claim that he gave the Committee N100 million. That is the figment of the imagination of rascally scribblers purporting to be journalists. Again, facts are sacred.”
- Breaking: Nasarawa State Governor’s father hospitalised, governor’s residence, palace decontaminated
- Breaking: Video shows possible gory details of Policemen killed in Kogi bank robbery
- Covid 19: Refugee Commission and Sen Garba Mohammed’s selflessness during a global Pandemic
- Open Treasury: BudgIT identified faults, calls on government to fix it
- Activist Awosanya says advocacy efforts against Police brutality, other issues, yielding results
- Breaking: In Lagos; Worship centres to reopen June 19 – Says Governor Sanwo-Olu
- Two Chinese miners abducted in Ebonyi
- B/Haram: Top commanders, logistic routes destroyed but attacks on soft targets persist – Army
- COVID-19: Ebonyi orders testing and decontamination for budget ministries
- Nigerian Lawmakers reject castration as punishment for rapists