Estimated Reading Time: <1
Former governor of Oyo State, Chief Adebayo Alao-Akala, on tuesday confirmed that he would soon joining the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC).
The former governor who was a former council Chairman in Ogbomoso North Local Government Area of the state under the All Peoples Party (APP) between 1999-2002, joined the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) where he was made the deputy-governor in 2003.
Yesterday, the decision to leave Labour Party for APC was reached at a meeting which Alao Akala held with his supporters on the platform of “Destiny Group” at his Ibadan residence.
At the event, Alao-Akala noted that the decision to leave Labour Party for the APC had become expedient considering that the different political parties were set to commence their congresses, as well as the fact that APC offered the best political platform, at the moment.
While enjoining his supporters to gear to become members of the APC, he hinted that a date for a formal declaration would be made public as soon as he consulted with the leadership of the APC.
On the fate of lawmakers elected on the platform of the Labour Party, Alao Akala hinted that such honourable members should continue on that platform in the meantime.
Further speaking on the development, the Director, Alao-Akala Campaign Organisation, Dr. Kola Balogun, who Alao-Akala asked to speak on his behalf, said the former governor’s decision was a response to the yearnings of supporters who wondered what their next step was on the political scene.
“The party members had been asking Alao Akala what our next step would be considering our not-too-good experience with the Labour party and with the PDP. Alao Akala had said that at the right time, he would call a meeting where we would jointly decide after looking at all options available. We looked at the available options which are PDP, Labour, Accord, APC.”
“We have considered the options on ground.
“Accord is not an option, Labour is not an option at all.
“For APC, we have never had any dealings with them. We have only been interacting with the APC and they are waiting for us to help strengthen the structure of the party. The APC know our worth politically, we also know their worth. We think if we come together, we can solidify the structure of the APC. APC will be mega party.”
“And, the majority of members have made up their mind and advised him to join the APC. The final decision therefore is that all supporters of Alao Akala will join APC. We will inform the general public on when we will make a formal declaration after meeting with the leadership of the APC.”
- An undergraduate, at the University of Benin, was raped in the Church #JusticeForUwa
- Breaking: 553 new Coronavirus cases reported in Nigeria, highest in a single day
- Kaduna: Group calls for FG’s intervention in Kajuru killings
- Nollywood Actress, Regina Daniels is having a baby with Ned Nwoko
- Infectious Diseases Bill more dangerous than coronavirus – Ekweremadu
- Ibrahim, President Muhammadu Buhari’s nephew, is dead
- Doctors threaten strike over non payment of COVID-19 Allowance
- 268 Nigerians arrive from China
- Niger State plans to modernise local Islamic schools
- “Destructive shadow of bitterness, we’re shackled by the sins of our fathers”- Nigeria is haunted by the Biafran war