Estimated Reading Time: <1
Former military dictator, Ibrahim Badamosi Babangida (IBB) has said inexperience, rather than incompetence and cluelessness, was what cost immediate past President Goodluck Jonathan eventually.
Jonathan’s re-election bid ended in defeat and his political party lost several States as well in the fall-out.
Speaking with The Interview magazine, Babangida said Jonathan “is a very pleasant person” and added that he believed the former president meant well for the country.
Asked to address the pervasive perception that Jonathan is a good person who was simply “incompetent”, Babangida replied: “If you use inexperience, I will buy that.”
The former Nigerian President also refused to disclose who he voted for between Jonathan and incumbent President Muhammadu Buhari. Babangida had hosted both men in his Minna mansion ahead of the general elections and was asked if he declared support for both visitors at different times.
In his response, Babangida said he was “intelligent enough” to know that he had “only one vote”.
- Wike of Rivers State has advised residents to be wary of air travellers from Abuja and Lagos – states with high coronavirus cases
- Oniru residents write Sanwo-olu over New Oba’s alleged use of thugs
- Just In: Nigeria develops, launches COVID-19 test kit
- The Vice President did not collect N4 Billion from Magu – Laolu Akande
- Federal government approves N108 billion for road projects
- Nigeria to review her foreign policy in order to reflect current realities
- “‘Indictment’ reinforces our position that the EFCC, under his watch, has been a huge scam” – PDP on Ibrahim Magu
- Ose Anenih: Change and the Institutionalisation of Corruption
- Imo Governor queries IMSU VC over non-payment of staff salaries
- FG cancels resumption of schools, withdraws unity schools from 2020 WASSCE