Estimated Reading Time: <1
Ex-Kano Pillars player, Abdul Haruna (Chacha), died this evening after slumping during a football match in Kano.
The 27-year-old forward was playing for Kano Professionals against a selected amateur team in a friendly when he slumped and died. He’ll be buried tomorrow morning in Kano according to Islam burial rights.
Pillars media manager Idris Malikwa said. “Abdul Haruna died Sunday while playing in a friendly match between Kano Professionals and a selected amateur team in Kano. He was moving the ball when he slump and die on the pitch,” Malikawa said.
“This is a huge shock to the entire football family in Kano, we never expected this.
“He will be buried on Monday.”
- Airborne transmission of COVID-19 cannot be ruled out says WHO
- Breaking: Ondo Assembly suspends deputy speaker
- Just In: An explosion on Oil mining lease 40 operated by NNPC has killed workers
- Doctors in Cross River State suspend strike
- Tax debt payments have been extended to August 31 – FIRS
- Kogi swears in new Chief Judge
- NewsWireNGR Journalist, Nelly Kalu, accepted into Dubawa Fact-Checking Fellowship
- NBC Code Amendment: The New Frontier in Nigeria’s War on the Economy
- Ibrahim Magu spent his second night in police custody as DSS Operatives ransacked his homes
- Special Report: Fighting COVID-19 in Nigeria but citizens are dying of other illnesses due to neglect