Estimated Reading Time: <1
Former Minister of Finance, Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala has requested the Federal Government to call Edo State Governor, Mr Adams Oshiomhole to order over the Governor’s recent efforts to link her name to the alleged $2.1 billion arms issue.
The Former Minister stressed that she has absolutely nothing to do with the issue.
She stated that it is an abuse of public office, the judicial process and her human rights for Governor Oshiomhole whom she stopped from taking a highly suspicious N15 billion loan to make false allegations against her while hiding behind the constitutional immunity granted state governors.
As recently confirmed by the Debt Management Office, professional analysis showed that Oshiomhole’s loan request which was based on using low interest World Bank loan to offset high interest commercial loans would have left Edo state with a heavy debt burden and the the state would have found it very difficult to pay back.
She said that it is unconscionable for the Governor to embark on a campaign of lies against her because she thwarted his dubious loan
She described the Governor’s unsubstantiated allegations as a cynical personalization of the anti-corruption campaign to achieve ignoble
Dr Okonjo-Iweala therefore put Oshiomhole and his ilk on notice that she has briefed her lawyers and that she is ready to explore all legal means, local and international, to defend her name against corrupt and compromised persons.
It has become a pattern of behavior that each time Dr. Ngozi OKonjo-Iweala is internationally recognized, Governor Oshiomole and his cohorts embark on a cynical and devious ploy of trying to pull her down locally. Just last night, December 1st, Dr Okonjo-Iweala was honored at a high profile event attended by Vice President Joe Biden and former President Bill Clinton. Dr Okonjo Iweala was honored alongside Michael Bloomberg, Bill and Melinda Gates and Mo Ibrahim for their contributions to global development and humanity.
Gov Oshiomole and his cohorts should realize that their ill-motivated attempts to taint Dr Okonjo Iweala’s reputation will never succeed!
- Media sanction over #EndSARS coverage is draconian – Group writes NBC DG
- Just In: Amnesty release a new timeline investigating the Toll Gate massacre #EndSARS
- I will sign executive order to recover looted property – Adamawa Governor
- Lagos State Government says there’s nothing wrong in asking the military to intervene
- I was detained for 47 days by SARS; man narrates as Judicial panel of inquiry begins sitting in Lagos
- Nigerian Army says Lagos state government invited it to intervene in #EndSARS protest
- Nigeria declares public holiday for Eid-El-Maulud Celebration
- Buhari re-appoints INEC Chairman, Mahmood Yakubu for another 5-year-term
- We must regulate social media – Nigerian govt insists making reference to #EndSARS protests
- 2 years after, judge throws out case against 57 Lagos men accused of homosexuality