Estimated Reading Time: <1
Former Minister of Aviation, Olufemi Fani-Kayode, has taken a swipe at President Muhammadu Buhari, the Minister of Defence, Rtd Brig. Gen. Mansur Mohammed Dan Ali and the Chief of Army Staff, Lt Gen Tukur Yusuf Buratai over the alleged ‘secret burial’ of soldiers killed by Boko Haram insurgents.
Online news website, Premium Times, had reported that 105 soldiers attached to the 157 Battalion were killed after they came under a penetrating attack from Boko Haram in Gudunbali.
“The most reprehensible thing that our government can do is to cover-up the fact that 105 of our soldiers were killed by Boko Haram in battle.It is evil”.
“A soldier ought to be honored in death and this is especially so if he dies in the course of doing his duty and fighting for his nation”.
“The government has not only dishonored them by not acknowledging their sacrifice but they have also buried them in the wilderness like rabid dogs”
“This is wickedness of the highest order and Pres. Buhari, his Chief of Army Staff and his Min. of Defence should bury their heads in shame”.
“I am outraged by the fact that a soldier will sacrifice his life for his country yet the citizens of that country don’t even appreciate it,” he posted on his Twitter Handle.
- Buhari’s Fuji house of commotion
- Abike Dabiri accuses Minister, Ali Pantami of driving her staff out of NCC property –
- Buhari “regime” is pursuing political annihilation of the South – group alleges
- Two new cases of coronavirus recorded in Enugu State
- Social distancing was not fully enforced during the Eid prayers in Kano
- Nigeria confirms 265 new cases of COVID-19, totalling 7,526
- In Borno State Governor Zulum Attends Eid Prayers While Social Distancing
- President Buhari Celebrates Eid-El-Fitr Privately Amid COVID-19 Pandemic
- Eid-el-Fitr: NSCDC Deploys 500 Officers In Yobe
- Kaduna State Healthcare Workers Begin 7-Day Warning Strike