Estimated Reading Time: <1
Following the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP)’s allegation on the plan by the All Progress Congress (APC) to rig the forthcoming governorship election in Kogi State through a meeting with the INEC boss and the Police chief, the Presidency has denied the claim, saying President Muhammadu Buhari called the meeting cited by the PDP to warn, in particular,the INEC and the Police to be prepare and give the nation a credible election.
The Senior Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity, Mallam Garba Shehu, said in a statement made available on Sunday night.
According to Shehu, the President said he expected nothing short of a free, fair and credible election.
He said President Buhari told them that he had suffered election manipulation in 2003,2007 and 2011 and will not like to have any Nigerian go through that again.
He warned against the intimidation of voters in anyway and vowed that he was prepared to move with all the force available to him against anyone who undermines the rights of any citizen.
Shehu said the meeting was short and straight to the point.
“The President asked the VP if he had anything to say and Prof Osinbajo added nothing,” he said.
The meeting, according to the spokesperson, ended after five minutes.
Shehu called on Nigerians to disregard the PDP’s claim.
“Nigerians should be wary of the PDP’s fruitless attempts to destroy national institutions President Buhari is determined to rebuild.
“They started with the courts, then the EFCC, then onto the Police and now they are on the one-week old INEC. When will PDP allow our national institutions to do their job?” he asked.
- Bandits displace over 600, mostly women and children in Katsina, Buhari’s home state
- Late Abba Kyari “fingered” in the ‘face-off’ between Abike Dabiri-Erewa and Minister Pantami -Read this Letter
- Parents Who Enroll Children Into Almajiri System May Go To Jail – El-Rufai
- Manager of Demolished Prodest Hotel Among 27 New COVID-19 Cases In Rivers
- All I Always Wanted In The Music Space Is Consistency – iLLBliss
- N-Power Beneficiaries Say They Have Not Received April Payment, Dispute Minister’s Claims
- INEC To Create E-Platforms For Submission Of Nomination Forms In Edo & Ondo Elections
- Nigerian Govt issues circular warning senior officials against leaking documents
- US Government probes Nigeria’s Akinwunmi Adesina at Africa Development Bank
- NDDC: Who Is Afraid Of The President’s Order For A Forensic Audit?