Estimated Reading Time: <1
Reports from the National Assembly reveals, members of the House of Representatives, Hon. Herman Hembe and Hon. Aliyu Sani Madaki, on Tuesday exchanged slaps over the issue of juicy committees.
The face-off in the National Assembly started with Speaker Yakubu Dogara announced committee chairman, and the announcement followed a protest letter by Femi Gbajabiamila who claimed not to have been consulted for the positions.
The Reps, both of who are members of the All Progressives Congress during Tuesday’s caucus meeting slapped themselves in the White House within the National Assembly.
The altercation occurred before the day’s sitting began.
It took the intervention of the Deputy Speaker of the House of Representatives, Hon. Yusuf Lasun, to separate Hembe (APC-Benue) and Madaki (APC-Kano) according to accounts by Today.ng.
There were allegations of favouritism in the allocation of the headship of the committees. Another National Assembly correspondent, who spoke to NewsWireNGR other reps exchanged blows and vowed to frustrate the Dogara leadership if nothing is done.
Group loyal to the House of Representatives’ Majority Leader, Gbajabiamila, had on Monday, accused the Speaker, Honourable Yakubu Dogara of working against the interest of President Muhammadu Buhari, owing to the way and manner the House Standing Committees were constituted.
The group, however, said that for peace to reign “the only path of honour opened to Dogara, is to reverse the current order in the interest of Nigerians, who are waiting for All Progressives Congress (APC) deliverables.”
Majority Leader loyalists, numbering about 20, was led by Honourable Musa Sarki Adar, to a press conference at the APC National Secretariat, maintained that ‘since climbing to the seat, Dogara has refused to belong properly to the APC House caucus, frustrating meetings and instead, romancing openly with Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) legislators, including holding clandestine meetings to plot the downfall of our party.”
- Chairman of Nigeria Medical Association tests positive for COVID-19 in Nasarawa
- “And just like that, my life has changed forever” – Chimamanda Adichie pens emotional tribute in honour of her late father
- Five persons have lost their lives as boat capsizes along Ikorodu Channel of the Lagos State Waterways
- ‘Irresponsible and cheap politics’ – How Bukola Saraki described APC statement linking him with Hushpuppi
- APC wants security agencies to probe reports linking suspected cybercriminal, Hushpuppi to top-ranking PDP members
- Just In: Abia State Governor, Dr. Okezie Ikpeazu has tested negative for COVID-19
- Breaking: Ebonyi State Governor, Dave Umahi, tests Positive for COVID-19
- Governor Akeredolu rejects the idea of handing over power to deputy governor
- Eunice Ortom, wife of Benue State governor, her son and some of her staff have tested positive for COVID-19
- Udo Jude Ilo: Making the best of the Public Anger on Sexual and Gender-Based Violence